Courtney Love loses custody over her daughter

SHOCKING! :rolleyes:
anyway, frances bean is old enough to take care of herself now.

I always thought that they had a close relationship...guess not.

Well when you attack your daughter on Facebook it doesn't exactly scream maturity.

Apparently she is dipping into her daughters money from Kurt Cobain to do whatever it is she is doing to herself.

Courtney's deleted her Facebook account over the weekend. I suppose it's only a matter of time before we hear more half-lucid mentally unstable rants elsewhere...perhaps tumblr?

She just signed up again. She did have one that she deleted before she went to Facebook.

Oh good grief, get ready for some 3am rants.

Instead of twittering or facebooking about her daughter maybe she should take progressive steps to better herself and have a healthy relationship with her. Just a thought.

^I agree.

From spinner.com
Courtney Love planned Christmas for daughter before custody hearing

Since Courtney Love lost custody of her 17-year-old daughter, Frances Bean Cobain, the tabloids have predictably made a series of accusations about their relationship. The night before that Dec. 11 court hearing in Los Angeles, Spinner sat down with Love in her New York apartment. During the several hours we spent with her, the Hole singer discussed her relationship with Frances, motherhood and what she thought would be a merry Christmas spent with her daughter.

"For Christmas, you'll note the blinking lights, you'll note the wreaths -- that's because Frances is rolling in here day after tomorrow. She just texted me, 'No way am I getting on a JetBlue plane.' She's so my daughter," Love said. "She went to see her grandma for Thanksgiving. I'm really impressed with her because Wendy [O'Connor, Kurt Cobain's mother] fell down the stairs and hurt herself. Frances stayed an extra week to nurse Wendy, which is really cool of her. I was really impressed with that."

Love's camp says the hearing was unexpected, which certainly gibes with Love's excitement that evening. Had Frances returned to New York, she would have found a huge surprise in store for her. "[There's this] quaint, lovely West Village house that I'm getting her for Christmas," Love said. "I blindfold her, take her to the house, hand her the mortgage. I am so excited to buy her a house. It's the biggest thing I've ever done."

Though Love was very open with us that night, she primarily kept her relationship with her daughter private, perhaps owing to what she calls her "fierce maternal instinct."

However, she did talk about the influence Frances has had on her. "On 'Celebrity Skin,' I wrote 'Heaven Tonight' for Frances. She was a little girl. Now she's a big girl and she demands more attention and strength. As a little dainty, beautiful baby I just worshipped her, but now she's at an age where we fight, where sometimes she hates me, sometimes I get really mad at her," Love said. "It's like, 'Oh, you must be a bad mother.' No, I'm not a bad mother. I am a very good mother. In fact, I am an extremely good mother, but I am by no means a perfect mother. I'm a thorough mother because I've seen horrible things that other mothers have done."

Is she surprised that her daughter doesn't want to be around her? She's a mess and a wreck. There's a reason her kid doesn't want to live with her and she should respect that and have enough respect for her daughter to not refer to her in such malicious terms.

It should be awful enough to have your dad dead and having millions of people who saw him more than you... and then she's left with courtney love to take care of her (courtney never seemed to take care not even of herself).. poor kid.

OMG.
all this story is soooo sad.

it's very hard to have a family member who's suffering from mental disorders ... but sincerely, if this person has noone around her/him but just stupid friends and doctors. this won't help at all !
* wait, i'm not sure Courtney is suffering from mental disorders *

We shouldn't jump into conclusions. Yes, Courtney Love has serious mental and addiction problems, however, she does not come across as an abusive mother.

Irresponsible yes?? but at the same time loving. Have you seen her around her child in videoclips?? or her interviews?? she always speaks of Frances with so much love, and not for a second do I believe she doesn't love her daughter.

Also, Frances Bean is no angel food cake. Her tweets were vile, and she wrote this really bitter venomous public letter to Ali Lohan, granted, what she said about Ali was totally true but coming from her?? I mean who is she?? her only notoriety is her parents multiple achievements and genius, she just rides on their coattails like Ali, the pottle calls the kettle black.

Yeah, I'm sure it's that "fierce maternal instinct" that called her deceitful, deluded and a liar.

Yeah, I'm sure it's that "fierce maternal instinct" that called her deceitful, deluded and a liar.

uggh I have her on facebook and I don't remember her posting that.

And so what?? there are rotten parents but also rotten children. There are a few horror stories about children totally destroying their parents, or being nightmares. And judging from the few public displays that kid has shown, I wouldn't be surprised if she turns out to be a total nightmare.

I don't think people should be blaming Frances while asking everyone not to jump to conclusions about Courtney. Children are a product of their environment, and this child has grown up in an extremely unstable environment. If Frances is hurt and angry and acting out, this doesn't mean she is a bad child. In spite of all her money, no-one would wish they had had her childhood. She's had to struggle with the high-profile suicide (any suicide is difficult to deal with but especially a parent) and a mother who has been on and off drugs her entire life. Teenagers act out against their parents all the time and do stupid things, it's just that when Frances does it the world knows.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Figedifug
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->