Cover Rumor Thread #19

Discussion in 'Magazines' started by 8eight, Mar 28, 2018.

1. aracic

aracic Moderator

Byeeeeeee :rofl::rofl::rofl:

I'm looking forward to Gigi's first solo cover, but I'll sue somebody if it's another maternity photoshoot (and please, no Tyler).

2. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

This is when the next set of UK magazines are coming out, according to newsstand.co.uk:

Red - 02/07
    UK Cosmo - 02/07
    UK Elle - 02/07
    UK Bazaar - 02/07
    UK Vogue - 03/07

Due to combined months, we'll not see another issue of Tatler until 30/07 and Hello! Fashion Monthly reappears on 04/08.

Newsstand.co.uk also claims the "Jun-Jul" issue of US Bazaar will arrive in the UK on 10/07, as if they know something nobody else does. Are we going to see anything from Bazaar for a while? The magazine might as well do what every other fashion title does when there's a change of editor - churn out a few filler issues before a proper relaunch in September. But if there's too long a long pause between issues, people will just presume the magazine has folded like everything else on the newsstand these days.

3. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

That's terrible news for me!

MissMagAddict likes this.
  4. 8eight

8eight Well-Known Member

System magazine have produced 35 covers. each shot over zoom by Juergen Teller. 500 pages.
    VB, jonathan Anderson, David Sims are 3 of the 35.

5. KINGofVERSAILLES

KINGofVERSAILLES Utterly-Unknown Member

Stop the multi-cover madness!

6. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

Juergen Teller and Zoom seem like a good fit.

7. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Vogue Japan September preview: Kaia Gerber by Luigi & Iango

[​IMG]

Vogue Japan Digitial Edition

8. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

Any ideas on who might get UK Vogue dropping Friday, and US Vogue later next month?

Blayne266 likes this.
  9. vogue28

vogue28 Mod Squad Team Leader

Ow, very excited for Kaia Gerber by Luigi & Iango for Vogue Japan’s September issue. Fingers crossed this’ll be the first time in 2020 where I livvvvve for a VJ x L&I moment.

As to who we might expect on British Vogue’s August issue, I have zero clue. Although didn’t Edward state in some article that Vogue would be dedicated to the NHS up until September? Are we to expect another set of front line worker covers?

rwwwwww likes this.
  10. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

If we had leadership the country were behind this might well have been the time we’d have seen them land a cover I suppose. Ultimately I can’t think of a single person in the UK government that would warrant a positive response, male or female.

I imagine I’m entirely alone in this desire, but I’d love for women like Emily Maitlis to be profiled here.

11. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

The traditional rules of magazine covers have relaxed so drastically over the past 2 months that I can easily foresee another 'lockdown or social climate-themed cover coming soon. Because there's no movie to plug, and either of the Vogues are not fond of tv actresses. Guess it's open season for the pop stars once again.

Not alone, yes to a feature with Emily. Arguably one of the best journalists right now and I'm not just saying that because of her massive coup earlier this year. If Edward does choose to profile her at least just get a proper journalist to write the copy?
    Can't think of anyone else either, though I must admit (and I'll probably regret saying this as time goes by) that a small part of me started to warm to Piers Morgan over this lockdown. I can see him making GQ's Men of the Year list.

On the other side of the pond, would be keen to read about the two Marthas. The one who scored that headline-making interview last week (and handled it pretty well imo!), and the other one whose viewers are always calling for her to get sacked because they don't like the voice of reason approach, lol.

12. mikel

mikel Well-Known Member

With Beyoncé on the verge of releasing her new visual album/movie Black Is King on Disney+ at the end of July I could see her scoring a big cover. If she is willing to give an interview.

13. Mercury6181

Mercury6181 Member

I am very curious to see what Vogue Paris will be doing for their anniversary issue! Any guesses?

Blayne266 likes this.
  14. RanThe

RanThe Active Member

I bet US Vogue August and September issues will be model issues. Or Rihanna

Mercury6181 likes this.
  15. MDNA

MDNA Well-Known Member

This september issue must be really important for Anna to prove she’s still that bitch no? My cover guess goes to Adele making her first appearance of her skinny legend persona for a magazine. :mrgreen:

Tinna and crmsnsnwflks like this.
  16. tigerrouge

tigerrouge don't look down

If it were the last issue Wintour would produce, putting a downsized Adele on the cover would be like seeing the last stand of the old Vogue values.

But these days, it would probably be torn apart for what it represents.

I still would have expected Adele to make some sort of appearance, but now I think the release date of any new album has been pushed back?

17. Benn98

Benn98 Well-Known Member

I still think it will go to Naomi.
    I don't get the media's fascination with Adele's new body, which clearly a choice she made on her own.
    It's ok for Emily Ratjakowski to post these really suggestive verging on explicit pictures of herself 99% of all times and say 'my body, my choice' and get respected in the process, but nobody will let Adele live.

I don't even listen to her music, but I think she's gorgeous and most of her print work is stellar. Baffling how she doesn't have a beauty campaign and never appeared on the cover of Allure.

mepps likes this.
  18. honeycombchild

honeycombchild Well-Known Member

Adele’s album isn’t coming any time soon. Someone commented on her Instagram that it must be coming and she said ‘of course it isn’t. Corona is still here and I’m in lockdown. Be patient and wear a mask.’

There’s no chance her people would release an album at a time when they’d be uncertain it would be a record breaker. I’d imagine November at the earliest, though probably 2021 now if it wasn’t finished!

I love Adele, as she was, as she is now, I couldn’t care less. To me she has one of the most beautiful faces. Happy to see her on any cover she lands on. But I think September’s Vogue US will be a statement. I hope it’s a black model or even better, essentially anyone from the cast of Pose or a transgender black actress/model. How likely that is, I don’t know, but Anna is very rarely unsavvy. September will be savvy.

I’ve always found it sad very few magazines celebrate Pride in someway. It’s almost entirely ignored, as if it’s something only the ‘gay’ magazines should be speaking of.

19. MON

MON Well-Known Member

Spot on.

20. kokurox

kokurox Active Member

Naomi seems like a safe option, she is a working model, still relevant, she hasn't have a cover for more than a decade, during the pandemia she is very active, a black woman and also she can clarify all the scandals she's been up lately. I see her more in the august issue, photographed by Meisel would be a dream.

For september I bealive it's going to be someone how puts Wintour in a safe possition, someon of the moment and specialy of coulor or a racial minority, a models cover would be nice. Beyonce would be the easy exit and also in the past five years she has 2 september covers, it's a little bit repetititve.

BTW a couple of years ago Adel said that a big cosmetic company offes her a mult million dolar contract to be the face of the company and she refused.

Benn98 likes this.