Cover Rumor Thread

I won't shed too many tears if Meisel permanently stop shooting for VI. He can keep his bag of tricks for campaigns each season because with Demarchelier, Weber and Testino out of the way, his pool is much wider now. Anyway, he's doing perfectly fine at British Vogue.

Irina is on Spanish Vogue. Saw it on IG: spanish_magazines, along with some other Sept issues.

Is it too early for any news from Self Service or Purple? I checked their Instagram accounts and didn’t see anything :/
Also, did Garage close? I don’t remember hearing anything it

I think Demi Lovato is now a possible future cover for US Vogue. She has something to talk about plus marketing to sell a magazine and Anna would love to have the first interview after her treatment.

Nope, Lovato is not getting the Vogue cover anytime soon, maybe Edward gives her one, but certainly not Anna. She will have to make a great comeback to get it, having rehab to talk about is not enough, besides all covers this year are already taken.

I hope VI Sept leaks soon.

Gaga for October? Any idea as to who got Nov and Dec ^ Miss Dalloway

Yes, who'll get the rest of the covers? November better be something grand and glossy. Based on the annoying trailer I've been seeing of Gaga's film, it doesn't look like the type of movie to warrant glamorous type of styling.

Does anyone find it odd the US Vogue Instagram account is releasing content from the October 2018 issue before announcing the cover? I get it's too early to release the cover, but I am just not sure why they are releasing content yet.

upload_2018-8-28_10-3-23.png

Probably an attempt to gain media attention and promote the October 2018 issue. Smart actually. Stormy Daniels speaks up (for the nth time). This will obviously do that. Right wing peeps will criticize this heavily, the same way they criticized JLaw’s statue of liberty cover. Publicity. I have a feeling you know who might tweet about this as well.

They’re probably not confident that Gaga will sell, that’s why they’re creating hype around the issue. Thats just me.

Stormy looks stunning though.

Dakota Johnson has Suspiria in November, and for some reason Anna likes her so she might have a chance to front the nov cover of Us Vogue but i hope not lol, i want to see new face.

And do you guys think there is a chance for Emily Blunt to cover the dec issue? She has Mary Poppins this december and even if she is not getting a cover i can see Anna doing a Mary Poppins inspired ed shot by Leibovitz for christmas.

Omg Emily Blunt for December is perfect! This is usually where Anna allows Leibovitz to play around. I would love this

If we're really back to repeat servings of the same old faces on the front of US Vogue (never mind who's allowed behind the camera), I guess the September issue was a blip that served well for a fortnight's worth of internet attention.

Based on personal taste, I didn't like the September cover story, but it did make me feel that enough change could be afoot that I could look forward to different names and faces coming together to make Vogue happen. I guess not.

UK Tatler October 2018 looks like this, with contributing editor Lady Amelia Windsor and sportsperson Maro Itoje (daily mail.co.uk:(

That's the sort of article that would have appeared in Vanity Fair, but now that nobody reads it anymore, Vogue can muscle in on these exclusives even when the subject matter has little to do with fashion or lifestyle.

* Edited ... removing response to a deleted post.

Anyway, can’t believe how magazines are now dropping their October issues and yet Vogue Italia is still sitting on its pressumably horrible September issue. I know they were always late, but damn... it feels like they’re late to the party

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow. Stormy Daniels being profiled in Vogue is sort of extraordinary.
Complete with a style makeover and photographed by Annie Leibowitz.
I love p*rn, so I have no moral qualms about Stormy, but she has nothing to do with fashion,
or what Vogue represents, or perhaps used to represent. Anna is flailing and failing desperately to
keep Vogue alive and relevant, but that ship sailed years ago. She's done a lot of great things for the
magazine, but she's also systematically cheapened it. I can't even think of the last truly interesting woman to
grace a Vogue cover. Now it's just a monthly pr event for whoever has a new film or album dropping. Anna can't see past
her own ego, but if she really had any courage she would have put Stormy on the cover. Embrace the vulgarity head on.
She's turned Vogue into nothing more than something you flip through at the supermarket checkout.

Thank god for Vogue Paris, which still feels like fashion to me.
It's my favorite Vogue, even when Emmanuelle misses the mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->