Cover Rumor Thread

i know it may sounds a bit too much, but in December is coming the biopic of Whitney Houston 'I Wanna Dance with Somebody' with Naomi Ackie taking the lead, she's not very known actress,but if you remember, Vogue UK released few years ago,one of the first photoshoot of Whitney photographed by Steven Meisel, so i wonder if Edward would put her on the cover shot by Steven Meisel?

Red Velvet's Seulgi had a photo shoot for Vogue Korea yesterday. Not sure if it's for a cover.

Regarding the unclear description of British Vogue's September or October cover, I assume that it was shot by Meisel. The side-glare or side-profile thing may look like Adele's Vogue UK cover last year.
Yes!!! It was writen on stone. It can't not happen. I have doubts with October. I still think that someone from The Crown will take that cover. But please, can't wait to see that awful August cover out of newsstands (even if I'm far from Europe, ha).

Last edited:
Based on all I've seen this year, I think we should keep our expectations very low for cover and content of September 2022 US Vogue. Anna has clearly lost her talent/appeal, and appears to have the job until the ship sinks. It's barely 100 pages these days and very forgettable most months. I loved the 600+ page September issues, but sadly those days are long gone.

I'll be surprised by any September US Vogue cover that manages to be more than 'the bare minimum' - a cheap studio shoot reliant on what looks like decorating cover sheets, random curtains and carpet, or a clothes line.

Conde Nast will cut every corner they can find, yet this increasingly lacklustre content is supposed to be the pinnacle of persuading you to buy very expensive designer goods. What they're doing... doesn't make any sense.

US Vogue September issue will likely go to one of Anna’s favorites. So an actress will cover this years issue. Jennifer Lawrence.

If motherhood is the theme of the September Issue, I won’t be surprised if Son Yejin is VKorea’s cover star

If motherhood is the theme of the September Issue, I won’t be surprised if Son Yejin is VKorea’s cover star

Motherhood as a theme? Is that a guess or was that announced?

Seems a bit outdated. Not to diminish motherhood, but we had the Vogue Values Family Issue not too long ago I believe? I just hope an issue on motherhood would be less literal and perhaps more inclusive and open towards other ideas of motherhood than your classical model/actress holding their beautiful toddler, smiling from one ear to the other. Please, I am tired of seeing the Beckhams.

Also, I get more and more emails from brands I subscribe to asking about whether I want to receive emails concerning Father's Day or Mother's Day. I think they are aware of the people who cannot become a parent, those who do not know who their parent(s) are, or do not have contact with their parent(s) or those who have lost parents, and the list of reasons not wanting to receive reminders of their biological or non-biological parent goes on. So I wonder if Vogue would tackle a more sombre look at motherhood or if they would keep it traditional (but surely with the inclusion of the LGBTQIA+ community).

I guess Vogue across the globe going motherhood does not excite me one bit.

According to American Vogue’s media kit, the theme for September is “Fashion’s New World”.

Still hoping to NOT see J Lo on the September cover, hawking her latest relationship. Leave that for People magazine, please. I hope it'll be a Don't Worry Darling cover. I'd also like to see EJG get another shot at September and hopefully redeem himself after the travesty that was 2021's cover.

Given that Vogue loves a theme (and then grinds that theme into the ground). it's a wonder we haven't seen or heard anything about that.

Although the 125th one was very poor, I thought, and perhaps it's not in keeping with their current ethos to have a big celebration of all the values they used to espouse...

I remember being quite excited over their 125th anniversary issue, which in retrospect wasn't all that despite being light years ahead of the present state of the magazine. I found the covers to be spectacular at the time and even paid the sky high shipping price to receive the issue, still have the Leibovitz cover somewhere in my room!

I can't imagine having even a semblance of that excitement over US Vogue today. Not even Linda Evangelista could do it for me, since I would feel extremely robbed of a Meisel/Carlyne spectacle in the British edition. But I'm still looking forward to it as I'm curious as to what they're going to cook up this year, especially considering that it's a big anniversary. Anything less than 600 pages would be an embarrassment. And NO shared content. Have a goddamn splurge this once and book your old household names, no no-names this time. I'm already asking for too much, I should know better.

Anything less than 600 pages would be an embarrassment. And NO shared content. Have a goddamn splurge this once and book your old household names, no no-names this time. I'm already asking for too much, I should know better.

Girl we'll be lucky if it's north of 300 pages at this point. Advertisers in general in the US are pulling back on spending because we're likely about to be/already are in a recession. I know that impacts "luxury" brands differently than it does general consumer brands, but I still think we'll be seeing even less advertising than the past couple years. Don't set yourself up for disappointment!

I hope I'm wrong, but I feel like if it was a big juicy exciting issue they'd be hyping it up already.

Don't set yourself up for disappointment!

Although I can't help wishful thinking, it'd be hard to feel disappointment considering how indifferent I've personally become towards American magazines. Good content is always a welcome surprise, but we usually aren't so lucky (which used to be disappointing for a while but then it simply became the new standard).

Old anniversary issues used to have like a hundred pages of congratulatory ads on top of regular ones, I wonder if we're going to see those this year.

Jennifer Lawrence is such a boomer (pulling my inner @Perickles here). Let's cross finger for the Jennifer that really matters.

Well...

Celeb insider Deuxmoi hinted that Jennifer Lawrence will appear on the cover of a well-known fashion magazine last April.

Well...

Celeb insider Deuxmoi hinted that Jennifer Lawrence will appear on the cover of a well-known fashion magazine last April.
Let’s hope US Vogue. I don’t want to see a Don’t worry darling combo altought I love Florence… but hate the idea of seing another Harry’s super hyped cover considering how annoying his fans are and how hard was for Vogue readers to get their copy last time.

I doubt Anna will gave to Harry Styles a second solo cover. It was the first year of the pandemic, even my dog would have been on the cover of Vogue in 2020. Also Olivia Wilde, from the same movie, had a cover early this year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ze bicho
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->