Cover Rumor Thread

u16girl said:
Page Six is reporting that Katie Holmes recently posed for an upcoming Harper's Bazaar cover and was styled by Victoria Beckham. She doesn't have any work to promote other than her amazing, heterosexual love with Cruise so why she is getting a cover? So disappointed in HB.
Oh i truly doubt that but we will see and i think it could be really good.Love Victorias style!:D

^^I dont belive that in fact i dont belive any of this rumor because Victoria did a photoshoot for Vanity Fair while she was in LA!
And its pagesix so its probably just a juicy rumor anyway!

I just read in the Guardian Newspaper (UK) that Katie Homes and Victoria Beckham were just shot for the cover of Feb Harpers Bazaar in L.A. this week.

here is the article from
http://www.guardian.co.uk/g2/story/0,,1970740,00.html

No one with first-hand experience of the parallel universe of pure nonsense that is a celebrity photoshoot will be shocked at the size of entourage required by Katie Holmes and Victoria Beckham at their session in Los Angeles last week for the February cover of Harper's Bazaar.The production team reportedly numbered 300, but let's split that straight away. It's only 150 a head - and that is nothing. Beckham's grooming, styling and gossiping needs are as different from La Holmes as their blood types. Let's say each has a key hair person with four assistants; some of those hairstyles are deceptively tricky. Even Beyoncé needs a Winnebago full of personnel for her barnet, and that arrives separately in a bag.

The makeup team will be of a similar size (again specific to each star's needs - Faye Dunaway used to insist all her makeup was kept on ice) and there will be a small army for wardrobe. Any stylist worth their agent's 20% cut won't turn up before the star, so there needs to be 10 or so assistants unpacking, steaming, and arranging shoes into pairs. Oh, and a couple of runners on hand to dash out for emergency tights or call various designers' press offices to scream at assorted dunces who sent everything in the wrong colour and size.No big-name photographer turns up earlier than five minutes before the first shot, so there needs to be four people working on the set and three on lighting, plus a dedicated crew for digital capture. There will be the fashion directors and editors from Harper's and an art director with their own crew, even though they could have given the instruction to "shoot them on the white shiny background/red sofa/ distressed wall" over the phone.

Catering for crew will be different from catering for Beckham and Holmes. They will have their own. Then there is management. And a PA or two. International PR. Local PR. And their respective PAs. Any other projects (film, music, licensing deals) involved will multiply all of this. Throw in everyone's agent, and a couple of agent's nieces who want autographs, the management of the location and the security, and 150 hangers-on a head seems like a skeleton staff. It's a lot lower key than in Diana Vreeland's days at Harper's - if she were alive now, she would have elephants in there too.

^^Oh dear so now they are both supposed to appear on the cover?:rolleyes:
Please,thats all gossip its not true and which photoshoot requires 300 people?
Its just tabloid fodder!!!:doh:
But the last part about Diana Vreeland is hilarious!:lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
Emil said:
^^Oh dear so now they are both supposed to appear on the cover?
Please thats all gossip its not true and which photoshoot requires 300 people?
Its just tabloid fodder!!!
But the last part about Diana Vreeland is hilarious!
well I can't comment on the truth of the article, but it's not a tabloid. I don't see why 300 people is so unbelievable. They are just including everyone involved. You could increase the number if you include the people working at the printing machines etc :rolleyes: it just makes a good headline I guess.

oh god my 1000 post was about victoria beckham and katie holmes >.<

^^^Hahah congrats on your 1000 post!:lol:
And i just dont belive this but we will see plus why would they put Victoria on their cover when she isnt that known in US and was just featured in their November issue?:unsure:

Emil said:
^^^Hahah congrats on your 1000 post!:lol:
And i just dont belive this but we will see plus why would they put Victoria on their cover when she isnt that known in US and was featured in November issue?:unsure:

Well they are best friends now I think. I don't know ask them, I would put sasha on the cover of all magazines if I had my way :evil:

My impression is that this could be for the cover of UK Harper's Bazaar - I'd expect a paper of the calibre of the Guardian to make it clear if they were talking about an American magazine as opposed to a British one, as they aren't a gossip rag.

tigerrouge said:
My impression is that this could be for the cover of UK Harper's Bazaar - I'd expect a paper of the calibre of the Guardian to make it clear if they were talking about an American magazine as opposed to a British one, as they aren't a gossip rag.

I thought Harper's bazaar was the US name, while the UK one is called Harper's and Queens? :blink:

Both are named Harper's Bazaar now - check out the review threads from the past few months for more info on what the UK version is like, ever since its "relaunch".

tigerrouge said:
Oh thats right,silly me i didnt even think about Uk one.Of course it makes sense it probably is.
But i still find it hard to belive the 300 staff members catering to them..part!:innocent:

From New York Post

Last week, Katie took Victoria, 32, along as a "consultant" to a cover shoot for a future issue of Harper's Bazaar magazine.

The shoot involved around 300 technicians, make-up artists, stylists, chauffeurs, bodyguards, production assistants and publicists.

The women were at first amused when no one made eye contact with them but were furious to learn an over-zealous PR girl had issued orders to everyone on the set to "avert your gaze".

The pal said: "Stars like Michael Jackson have been known to order restaurant, club and hotel staff to avoid looking at them.

"But Katie's not like that and she was hopping mad over the incident. So was Victoria "

^ :rofl: 300 people for one shoot? Seems a bit overdone..I bet it will still look ridiculous, no matter how much people worked on it

style_expert said:
^ :rofl: 300 people for one shoot? Seems a bit overdone..I bet it will still look ridiculous, no matter how much people worked on it
Yes sounds really ridicilous and hard to belive specialy since HBs eds are usually prety simple but i think it could look good!:P ^_^

According to thesurfacenews.blogspot.com, Nelly Furtado is on the cover of Vogue Italia.

Pics:

nelly-furtado-in-vogue-italia-3.jpg

nelly-furtado-in-vogue-italia-2.jpg

ONTD

^ I usually hate celebs on covers but I don't mind Nelly Furtado...You almost can't hate her..but she has not a lot to do with fashion

What??Nooo i thought Courtney got the cover!!
You cant get more blah then Nelly and on a Vogue cover?No!:ninja:
I hope they are wrong!We will see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->