"Crying men" by Sam Taylor-Wood

I like those photos, I don't think the idea was for people to see them and burst in tears :rolleyes: , but like any kind of photography, just to show an emotion.

Originally posted by helena@Oct 29 2004, 09:36 AM
they are all very powerful photos moussemaker thanks
[snapback]410266[/snapback]​

ditto, thanks mousse

Originally posted by MulletProof@Oct 29 2004, 02:58 PM
I don't think the idea was for people to see them and burst in tears :rolleyes: , but like any kind of photography, just to show an emotion.
[snapback]410552[/snapback]​
Exactly :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Oct 29 2004, 10:09 AM
where have i seen these?...anyway...am i the only one who thinks it odd that this chick shows up at an actor's house with an appointment and a camera...and then the actor proceeds to start bawling while she snaps away...?

doesn't it seem at all disinegeuous to anyone else but me...slightly forced and phony...

[snapback]410292[/snapback]​

I think that may be part of the point part if the of the point. They aren't photographs to simply show sad men crying. She chose to use actors for a reason. These men do it all the time for a moving camera, and they must do all they can to let the audience feel their emotions. I don't think these photos are much different.

What I like to wonder is what they do to make themselves cry... if it's just natural or if they make themselves think of a specific thing that makes them sad, so in reality those could be real tears.

Michael Madsen... :heart:

Interesting pictures, thanks for posting.

Originally posted by Golden_butterfly@Oct 29 2004, 10:50 AM
Yepp.
[snapback]410332[/snapback]​

:flower: guess not after all... :lol: :innocent:

honestly...i'm really not seeing anything paticularly 'deep' or 'moving' in these...i jus think jude, ben stiller and hayden are lovely. they kindof remind me of pics you would see in instyle magazine or something (except for the crying)

I think they're quite intriguing - it's interesting to see a series of photos of men "crying" - not exactly a popular subject.

Hayden looks disturbingly gorgeous when he's crying. And I just want to give him a hug. :smile:

They're very powerful indeed - i like them...on the other hand, like many people said, they're actores, and so the tears could be fake. If this is the case, then I see no point in this photos...

But then just because they're actors it doesn't mean they can't show real emotion...

I changed the topic title :flower:

:heart: Hayden, Steve B & Forest W :heart:

MAN HOW HAIRY IS ROBIN ( sorry never quite noticed before)
i also agree with the above statements and also think that even though they are paid to act .. they arent doing a very good job of it, most of them r just squinting slightly or putting their hand across their faces..

They are good pictures regardless if the tears are heartfelt or not. I am not moved by the pics, but enjoyed looking at them. Paul Newman is getting old...makes me sad. :cry:

Some of them seem too plastic... but I like some of them!
Overall... I do not regret seeing them!

i literally think i am in love with sam taylor-wood.

Funnily enough, I don't feel anything. Softgrey you are not alone.

I think these are lovely! :heart:

For me it's beside the point whether or not they are real tears, the pictures portay a certain emotion...

I especially love the ones of Jude Law, Sean Penn and Hayden Christiansen :heart:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->