Sam Taylor-Wood, 42, pregnant by actor Aaron Johnson, 19 *Update* Married

I don't know anything about Aaron, but a lot of actors are older souls, and hopefully one was chosen to play John Lennon, who was a very old soul ... it's not all about chronological age, though certainly it does make a difference--the older you get, the more you remember. But I can certainly see an older soul being older at 19 than a younger soul at 60.

My parents were 23 when they had me, and uh ... :lol: I have no doubt that it can be done better.

I find the age gap a bit ludicrous. I'm all for true love, but are they sure this isn't just some phase? And the fact that he has four kids to look after at such a young age, oh well, I wish them all the best and I hope the kids don't witness another relationship that will disintegrate before their eyes and will lead to their mom's second divorce or something. But best wishes still. :smile:

The double standards are ridiculous.

---

Anyway, I understand that people think 19 is too young to have a child and that he should wait until he is older, but the thing is, she is 42 so they probably can't wait much longer as once you are over 35, I understand that it is harder and more risky to have children.

In general, yes the double standards are there. But no matter how you slice and dice it. The one person in the relationship is a TEENAGER.

Sorry I'm on so a rant but I just dont get when people judge things into a ideal. It has nothing to do with us and doesnt affect us how someone lives their life.

I wish them well. As my mom would say. People should be allowed to make their own mistakes.

the thing i find troubling is that he's 19 and having a child. its not the relationship-- good for them, they found love. its their life but wouldnt he want a chance to at least grow as a man before becoming a father? shrugs.

In times when getting married was more of a social necessity, it was normal for young people of that age to enter into it and start raising a family, and plenty of them did a good job. I do think society has formed a progressively more childish view of how much responsibility young people can cope with.

^ In those societies, 19 would be on the shelf ... 13 or 14 was more like it. There are societies where this is still done today ...

I think... when two 19 years olds get together and get pregnant straight away...look out.. troubles ahead!!

but hey... she is 42, she has successfully raised two kids already, shes wealthy, they are in love, the baby will get looked after even if the marriage didnt work out too well. Which is not necesserely the case with two 19 years old studets or drop outs..

Everything in perspective here hey. In my opinnion there is nothing shocking about that, whose world this really rocks? even if they separate tehy will both probably still be better off than two teenagers. She has established her career, family, etc. He as a man has plenty of opporturnities. compare his situation to a girl his age doing the same with a similarly older man... who wins?:innocent:

working girl,what makes you think this is mistake? rather condescending of you to say. see this is what bothers me....people pre-judging when they know absolutely nothing about their relationship,his life or their decisions.

Last edited by a moderator:
First pic of the baby bump... Aaron Johnson and Sam Taylor-Wood at the Sundance Film Festival in Park City, Utah, yesterday.

article-1245730-08009C41000005DC-676_468x603.jpg

dailymail.co.uk

They look happy together in my opinion :smile:

Sorry to bump this thread so late but I've just noticed it.
He's an adult and so is she.
They're both adult in the legal sense but certainly not at the same stage in term of personal development.

This is not a relationship of equals.
Sam has the dominant position both in their professional lives (she's his director, she's more accomplished than he is) and their private lives (she has the experience, the wisdom, the money, the cultural and intellectual authority).
I am not suggesting it's a bad thing: this kind of 'teacher/student' dynamic works well in many relationships but it's also dependent on both party remaining happy with this uneven distribution of power.
What I am saying is: it works for them now, but what will happen when Aaron matures and/or gets more professionally successful?
If they are making this comitment to be together, they have the right to comitt to a child while they can. She's getting older and it wont be wise to really wait until they settle into their marriage and to what people would feel is a good buffer of married time to try to get pregnant or a proper age for him. Life shouldnt be about these assumed appropriate times/ages for things. Who gives a f***? People should do things when they need to.
Whether they choose to marry is really nobody's business and indeed they should not care what anyone think. However, when it comes to parenthood, it's another person's life and well-being in question, so I would not be so casual and dismissive as to say 'who gives a f***?'. I certainly do hope they give a f*** and thought this through and are not just trying to race against her bio-clock.
Also, There's a big defining change in a persons life between lets say 12 years old and 19 even though it's only 7 years of change. That's when people become adults
I disagree. 19 years old are mature enough to think for themselves and make decisions about their lives, but you are nowhere near set in proper adulthood at this age. Even very mature 19 years-old are immature compared to the people they will be at 30.
being in the industry you're more adult than the average your age.
Well, kids who grow up in showbiz are exposed to a very adult world and have to deal with adult issues very early, but that doesn't necessarily translate into emotional maturity. The majority of child/teenage stars end-up f***ed-up, precisely because they weren't allowed a normal/gradual transition into the adult world. Not saying this is the case here, as I don't know anything about Aaron.
If its the age gap, yeah theres a double standard, but even so age isn't a thing that carries the most weight in compatibility. Yeah some people are comfortable in their age range but thats them and not everyone should fit a mold. I don't and I don't think it's anyones business to tell me to fit an ideal as it has nothing to do with them.
I don't really think there's double standards. When older men settle down with young women, they are mocked as old fools who fell for golddigers (see Paul McCartney and Ronny Wood), so I think people tend to be suspicious of wide age gaps, regardless of gender.
I also do think the unease about the age gap, is not unfounded (I explained why I think that above), even though I agree it's not the most important thing.

But at the end of the day, I too think that conformism is a disease of the mind and that they should try for happiness above all.
It may or may not work down the road, but when you look at the divorce rate, they probably have as much chance of success as the average couple.

Good luck to them.

I just love how it's forgotton that he was the one the went after her. It was in the papers over here at the beginning of last year. She was all "I'm too old for you" but he didn't seem to mind. Now they are engaged and having a baby she's a disgusting cougar that's got knocked up to a immature 19 year old.

And it's starting to freak me out how much he's turning into Johnathan Reese Myers.

interesting note from a poster on ONTD:

I know his ex girlfriend and last time I spoke to her (in october) she told me that he texted her saying that he still loves her (they were together for about 2 years) but she has a new boyfriend now and doesn't want him back

Well this hasn't been posted...

8 July 2010 - Artist Sam Taylor-Wood has baby girl

Artist-turned-film director Sam Taylor-Wood has had a baby girl with her 20-year-old fiance Aaron Johnson, a spokesman for the couple has announced.

The 43-year-old gave birth to Wylda Rose in London on Wednesday.

A statement issued on the couple's behalf said they were "happy to announce the birth of their daughter".

Taylor-Wood announced her pregnancy with Johnson, star of Kick-***, in January.

She was divorced from her first husband, gallery owner Jay Jopling, in 2008 and they had two daughters together.

Johnson was cast in the lead role of John Lennon in Taylor-Wood's directorial debut, Nowhere Boy.

bbc.co.uk/news

oh, he is cute:wub: I saw him in some teen-movie.

well... the age gap is large and every time I see a couple like this, I always compare: when she was 23 he wasn't even born...:huh:
But I hope they will be happy together.

Aaron Johnson, Sam Taylor-Wood Expecting Second Child

Aaron Johnson is getting ready to pull double-daddy duty – his fiancée, filmmaker Sam Taylor-Wood, is expecting the couple's second child, her rep confirms to PEOPLE.

The Kick-*** star, 21, and Taylor-Wood, 44, whose romance raised eyebrows because of their 23-year age difference, are already the proud parents of a baby girl, Wylda Rae, who just turned 1.

After stepping out together as a couple last spring, Johnson defended their relationship. "I've got a wonderful woman. I'm an old soul, and she's a young soul."

Taylor-Wood, who also has two daughters from her first marriage to art dealer Jay Jopling, met in 2009 on the set of her directorial debut, Nowhere Boy.

people.com

What?!

I don't think it's about the age difference but is he really ready to become a father?

2nd baby?????? what????
hmmm i guess congrats but this couple is weird somehow... just my 2 cents...

Excellent. It's really wonderful.
I'm not really bothered about him but I really admire STW.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->