Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does ne1 know of any good websites with information on customisng on them ???? im very bored so i need sumthing to do !!

See Customisations thread in Personal Style section - Softgrey is v. creative!

thx helena...but we've got loads of other creative folks here...i don't know why they didn't post...i'm rather disappointed... :unsure: :(

helena...would you explain about the felt shapes on scarves...what do you mean exactly?...

thx :flower:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:37 pm
thx helena...but we've got loads of other creative folks here...i don't know why they didn't post...i'm rather disappointed... :unsure: :(
:ninja: i've been reading your posts on this topic ,
great tricks everybody, thanks for sharing . :flower:

havent posted mine since i have no time really,
but i promise a long and juicy reply :P

I removed buttons from some shirts of LMaltieri,
since I have never worn them with the buttons fastened.

plus they get more fluttering.

Originally posted by softgrey@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 4:39 pm
helena...would you explain about the felt shapes on scarves...what do you mean exactly?...

thx :flower:
I have made up little applique felt/silk/tweed flowers and animals (dogs usually) - looks very like louis viutton/clements ribiero a couple of years ago. I really like them but its really time consuming making them all. also you have to watch not to put too many on as it can look over the top very quickly. I use very traditional scarves as a starting point - like tweed (v. scottish) or chalkstripe wool so that the applique looks fresh. I get the scarves from Johnstons of Elgin (cashmere makers) near where I live. I haven't made one for ages though! Work is too hectic all the time.

Originally posted by Lena+Jun 3rd, 2004 - 5:37 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Lena @ Jun 3rd, 2004 - 5:37 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-softgrey@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:37 pm
:ninja: i've been reading your posts on this topic ,
great tricks everybody, thanks for sharing . :flower:

havent posted mine since i have no time really,
but i promise a long and juicy reply :P [/b][/quote]
Thanks Lena - off on my holidays for a week so looking forward to seeing your response when I get back! H.x

oh...helena...that sounds cute...with the scarf trick...

yes...lena...looking forward to your response...what about everyone else...

ale, acid, etc...where are our aspiring fashion designers...don't you guys have some creative tidbits to share...!! :woot: :flower:

gucci ...i know a trick of yours... :innocent:

Originally posted by tiamaria@Jun 3rd, 2004 - 9:24 am
Does ne1 know of any good websites with information on customisng on them ???? im very bored so i need sumthing to do !!
i have no idea what you like...but if you like dior...then maybe you will like this...get some jelly sandals at payless or k-mart...etc...and some superglue...some rhinestones and some tweezers and go to town... :flower: ...not really my taste...but seems easy enough... :innocent:

Last edited by a moderator:
lena...could you merge the other customising thread with this one...i;m getting all confused...thanks... :flower:

oh nevermind...you did merge them...that's what confused me...i'm ok now...ooops... :P :lol:

I lost track of this thread before I had a chance to answer.
As a teen I was very into the whole Punk look, so I started then. Now I think I still embrace that part of me, but have become somewhat of an elitist in the sense that I don't want anybody to have the things that I have. Which usually makes shopping a bore. I love the idea of one of a kind and limited edition stuff.
Since I love thrift stores, I am constantly buying old jeans, tshirts and blazers. I've done so many things with them as raw material. The latest is ruffled minis out of screen printed tshirts. Embroidered mens stripe dress shirts. And a hot, speedo style trunk out of an old Harley tee that says "Dick Farmers" across the back, and has a big "HOGG" on the front. So dirty :wink:
This Fall, I tailored down a jacket so it was very fitted and used a seam ripper to go along all the edges to get a frayed look, I've also done this on a pair of military camo cargos.
Since I make a lot of my own clothes, I guess that would fall into customization. I always try to do interesting things like an unmatched button, crazy linings, etc. I still haven't grown tired of raw edges exposed and construct a lot of my shirt collars this way. Ironically enough, the inside is usually finished with French seams, since I'm a stickler for detailing even on the inside.
I did just buy some dye to attempt my own version of the Prada tie dye sweater.
Other than that, buttons, patches, paint, prints, embroidery along with everything else posted above.

i like that seam ripper idea...chris...i'm in the market for a pair of camo cargos myself...i might have to try that...

thx for the tip... :flower:

^^I need to find another pair too. Unfortunately, I didn't topstitch some of the areas and the other day I almost lost my phone from a side pocket. I think I might do a pic stitch in bright orange or yellow for an interesting contrast.

Originally posted by purechris@Jun 8th, 2004 - 5:20 pm
^^I need to find another pair too. Unfortunately, I didn't topstitch some of the areas and the other day I almost lost my phone from a side pocket. I think I might do a pic stitch in bright orange or yellow for an interesting contrast.
i like that...orange or red would be my choices...cool... B)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thtrfh65
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->