Customisations

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmm/..good job spunky...

gucci ...if you're going for splatter paint effect...i think clay has a point...house paint works quite nicely...especially if it's enamel...(oil based )...just try and get that to wash out...hahaha... :wink:

nice job on the phone spunky and welcome aboard...that fur thing sounds interesting...i've got a vintage fur and leather jkt that just looks too retro...i'm trying to figure out what to do to it to make it more modern and wearable...

thing is ...it was expensive and so i don't want to screw it up...it's a little intimidating...but in the meantime...it just sits in my closet... :wacko: :doh:

i wish we all lived in the same city so we could get together and do stuff...i find i'm so much more inspired when there are other creative people around me...that was the best thing about design school...everyone doing their own thing ...but doing it together...you feed off one anothers' creativity...it's really inspiring...

I LOVE THIS THREAD!!! :heart: :flower:

ok last night I cut the feet off some thick-ish patterned tights to make 'legging' style thing-y's for wearing under little skirts- they look good. also figured that the cut off 'feet' can be used as little socks a la marni (better in luminous colours to get the marni look right). quite pleased as its warmer than wearing no tights (still freezing here).

Q for softgrey - does leather shrink in the wash & what temp do you wash leather at - low I presume?

cut off and distressed frye leather boots with sandpaper...

threw in washing machine and dryer...

low temp in the washing machine...dryer for 30 min... :flower:

oh..what to do with the left over leather from the boots... :innocent:

:woot:

washed a black leather skirt - its gone all crumpled up but its also shrunk. I think its nice but I'll need to alter the lining first as it didn't shirk. its quite tight so will need to wear when i am feeling skinny.

it must be cool, I guess.
I like all such things.

Originally posted by helena@Jun 23rd, 2004 - 6:05 am
washed a black leather skirt - its gone all crumpled up but its also shrunk. I think its nice but I'll need to alter the lining first as it didn't shirk. its quite tight so will need to wear when i am feeling skinny.
just cut the lining out and wear a slip with it... :flower: ...

if you put it on while it's still wet...it will mold to your shape...
but it may be too late for that... :innocent:

a daring technique, softgrey

Meltonian might be good, or something like that.

thanks softgrey

yes runner it looks like that now.

Originally posted by clay@Jun 10th, 2004 - 1:30 pm
Many still use latex paint. You know it will last, just look at the guy that painted your home.
Thats what I'm going to do, I was just wondering if there were any better ways of going about it, thanks clay (thanks soft)

Have just completed customisation of a white ribbed singlet with friendship bands sewn down the sides a la Petra Zillia. I tried one on, then the assistant told me it was 150€!!!! ($180 or £100), so I made it myself for 10€!

Originally posted by Spunky@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:32 am
Have just completed customisation of a white ribbed singlet with friendship bands sewn down the sides a la Petra Zillia. I tried one on, then the assistant told me it was 150€!!!! ($180 or £100), so I made it myself for 10€!
what's a friendship band?...

Originally posted by runner@Jun 24th, 2004 - 1:44 am

daring?!?! :lol: ...you're talking to a girl who cut a pair of boots in half and threw them in the dryer...

what is meltonian please?... :flower:

et voila, le bracelet de l'amitie.......

we used to make them 4 eachother when we were kids.

Originally posted by Spunky@Jun 24th, 2004 - 11:50 am
et voila, le bracelet de l'amitie.......

we used to make them 4 eachother when we were kids.
ok...so what did you do with them and the tank?...i'm trying to understand...but i'm having trouble...maybe i'm just tired...would you please explain?... :flower:

I can't find a pic on th e web, sorry. I try and explain...

Plain white tank top. Unstitch the sides up to the armpit area. Stitch back in blue criss-cross pattern

xxxxxxxxx
----/
¦
---/
xxxxxxxxxx

Sort of like that if u can picture it. (turn your head to the left)

Then stitch the friendship bracelets on either side of the criss crosses.

The pic I put on isn't great, they are not bangles, they are made from cotton by knotting them in colours one after another.

see: http://kids.singnet.com.sg/bracelet/ladder.html

don't try to imagine my crap drawing, came out wrong. Confused? I'm not surprised!!! :wacko:

attempted to paint a pair of scuffed only-worn-once white pumps. went horribly bad. :unsure: maybe i'll try making them sparkly/sequiny. maybe put down glue and spread glitter?

Originally posted by smashinfashion@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
attempted to paint a pair of scuffed only-worn-once white pumps. went horribly bad.  :unsure:  maybe i'll try making them sparkly/sequiny. maybe put down glue and spread glitter?
painting pumps seems to be all the rage over here...i feel like everyone is wearing stuff from thrift stores...doesn't anyone buy anything new anymore?...

you might want to try this...poke a hole on either side of the seam at the heel of the shoe and then thread a ribbon through and tie a bow...it looks pretty cute... :flower:

also...spray paiint works really well on shoes or any leather...maybe you can stencil them somehow...i'm thinking of doing that myself...

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:40 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 24th, 2004 - 10:40 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-runner@Jun 24th, 2004 - 1:44 am

daring?!?! :lol: ...you're talking to a girl who cut a pair of boots in half and threw them in the dryer...

what is meltonian please?... :flower: [/b][/quote]
putting it on while wet reminded me of "Quadrophenia",
where they went with their pants wet in order to mold to their legs (maybe).

even if leather has dried up, we might get a little of the mod effect by Meltonian (leather care cream for sofa, bags, etc.)

Originally posted by softgrey+Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:46 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (softgrey @ Jun 25th, 2004 - 1:46 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-smashinfashion@Jun 24th, 2004 - 5:07 pm
attempted to paint a pair of scuffed only-worn-once white pumps. went horribly bad.  :unsure:  maybe i'll try making them sparkly/sequiny. maybe put down glue and spread glitter?
painting pumps seems to be all the rage over here...i feel like everyone is wearing stuff from thrift stores...doesn't anyone buy anything new anymore?...

you might want to try this...poke a hole on either side of the seam at the heel of the shoe and then thread a ribbon through and tie a bow...it looks pretty cute... :flower:

also...spray paiint works really well on shoes or any leather...maybe you can stencil them somehow...i'm thinking of doing that myself... [/b][/quote]
cute idea. yeah, i love stencils, i was trying to think of one to do on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->