Cynthia Rowley - Back on Target

softgrey

flaunt the imperfection
Reaction score
ROWLEY ROARS BACK: Target may be losing Isaac Mizrahi, but it is gaining an old friend in Cynthia Rowley. The designer is said to be returning to the mass chain this year with a new, limited edition brand called Whim by Cynthia Rowley. According to sources, Whim will not be part of the Go International initiative, and there will be no apparel. Instead, it will focus on novelty items such as outdoor games and inflatable pools, all given Rowley's irreverent touch. The collection is expected to hit Target stores at the end of April. Rowley is no stranger to Target, where she once had the Swell collection, which was quietly phased out more than two years ago.

wwd.com

novelty items...wow...now that's a change of pace for them. she has done home/lifestyle lines before though,so she has experience in that respect.

i have a pair of pink paisley patterned potholders (say it fast!:P) from her old target collection that i still use and like.

i wonder why swell went away in the first place? :huh:

i have a pair of pink paisley patterned potholders (say it fast!:P) from her old target collection that i still use and like.

i wonder why swell went away in the first place? :huh:

I didn't even realize she had stopped designing for them. Quimby, I still have a pink pitcher from the first line she produced with Target, it probably matches your potholders^_^

i still have some of her items (underwear and sheets) from the collaboration with that rosenweig lady for target. the line was called swell.

rowley and rosenweig are mortal enemies now. so i wasnt surprised when "swell" didnt come back to target.

weird. .. i went in search of my answer, and the product line is still listed on the target website

working_swell_v2.gif

They’re best friends, style soulmates and experts on living the good life. Fashion designer Cynthia Rowley and style editor Ilene Rosenzweig set a swell tone anywhere, anytime, serving up sassy accessories for home, bath and you.

[http://sites.target.com/site/en/corporate/page.jsp?contentId=PRD03-000533]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
imjustken
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->