D&G Bag--S/S 06???

Reaction score
Hi everyone--I'm a newbie full of questions :blush: My favorite designer is D&G and I'm dying for one of their bags. I found this bag at Neiman Marcus' site and I really do like it but I'm unsure if the metallic gold wash will be an instyle color for S/S 06? I noticed that it's not available yet and you can preorder it but it won't be in until April 24, '06. That made me thing that it's a S/S 06 bag but I haven't heard anything about metallics still being instyle for S/S 06. Could anyone please inform me of what colors for bags will be in (or out)? Thank you very much--it's much appriciated :D

Here's the bag: D&G Metallic Denim Lock Tote
I also saw this one: D&G Metallic Pocket Shoulder Bag

Metallics still seem to be going strong for s/s '06 as far as I see :smile:

Yup, metallics will still be fashionable for S/S 06 and a lot of designers are still putting out metallic bags for that season.

metallics are definitely everywhere for s/s, but it will be an absolute no-no for the high end market come f/w. to me it is looking very tired already, and there's now much more interest in incorporating metals in subtle ways (like lurex)...if you really want to be ahead this s/s, use other "shiny" materials like wear a patent belt (hot!) with a crystal necklace (hot x 2). then move into jewel tones in f/w.

Last edited by a moderator:
ilovepositano, it's about time! I was wondering when metallics would be out, and I'm already tired of them.

ilovepositano said:
metallics are definitely everywhere for s/s, but it will be an absolute no-no for the high end market come f/w. to me it is looking very tired already, and there's now much more interest in incorporating metals in subtle ways (like lurex)...if you really want to be ahead this s/s, use other "shiny" materials like wear a patent belt (hot!) with a crystal necklace (hot x 2). then move into jewel tones in f/w.

Thank you guys so much! I really appriciate all your responses :heart: ilovepositano, I agree, I'm sick of seeing metallic belts and all that stuff, espically those sequine-looking bags...the ones with the little things hanging off of them! I don't mean to sound like a hypocrit though, which I probably do, but I don't own anything metallic and I thought this bad wasn't too showy or flashy metallic-wise. How do you guys feel about it? Thanks again! :D

I typically dont like metallic bags or clothes, just sometimes shoes. I've heard some people say metallics are a classic cuase they're never really out, just sometimes they become more "in" than other times, like recently. Whatever works for you, if you like the bag, get it! :smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
multibabydoll
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->