Lanvin Jet Set Bag

*sigh* i've just decided i gotta have the jet set bag... now where to look :doh:

MJCouture said:
^Barneys.com has them in stock!:flower:
Unfortunately, the website is out-of-date. Bagqueen tried to order one online, and was told that her order was cancelled because barney's was unable to locate one.:(

There was one jet set bag on ebay I think was authentic, but of course ebay is not good unless its a LAST LAST resort

bagqueen said:
I just got the email from Barney's stating my order has been canceld because they have no more stock of this bag. I hope they remove it from there site.
Ugh...I also tried to order, so I suppose I will receive the same email shortly... I spoke to a SA at Barneys in BH...she said she can't imagine that the bag can be located as they sold out almost immediately...

SoCal said:
....as they sold out almost immediately...

That's what the Lanvin boutique told me too. The only reason they were able to locate one for me recently was the bag was put in the wrong section in the stock room - therefore it was unaccounted for. And I'd dropped by a few days before and they remembered me asking for it.

Was this bag only being produced for a short period of time, i.e., fall 2005?

BalBabe said:
Was this bag only being produced for a short period of time, i.e., fall 2005?

It was part of their spring/summer 2005 collection.

SoCal said:
Ugh...I also tried to order, so I suppose I will receive the same email shortly... I spoke to a SA at Barneys in BH...she said she can't imagine that the bag can be located as they sold out almost immediately...
=

It took them 8 days to notify me that this was no longer available. You think they would updae there site. It is so disapponting

:Cry: i just called paris and theyre all out even of the kansas

Taitai said:
It was part of their spring/summer 2005 collection.

With all the interest in this bag and the Kansas, maybe they will make them permanent (as far as permanent goes in fashion :wink:) and get more into production soon. I'd definitely buy the Jet Set bag! I love it :heart:.

*sigh* i think it's a lost cause for me... called both monaco and paris and they're both all out. where else do they sell lanvin bags?

Meow, have you tried Au Printemps or maybe you can call Harvey Nichols in London?

Barneys finally took it off their site.

taitai, you mentioned that they are continuing this bag for spring 06 in a previous thread...do you know if they are going to produce it again?

also, how are you liking your bag so far?

I was getting really frustrated reading this thread because no one posted a pic of the bag! I guess you took it for granted everyone had seen it! :P All I saw was a pic of a knockoff. So I looked it up myself, and for anyone else who is just browsing for the education, here it is:

http://jessicastyle.com/images/Lanvin Jet Set Bag.jpg

But I'm confused, because it looks exactly like the knockoff. Could this one be a fake?

TeezBelts said:
I was getting really frustrated reading this thread because no one posted a pic of the bag! I guess you took it for granted everyone had seen it! :P All I saw was a pic of a knockoff. So I looked it up myself, and for anyone else who is just browsing for the education, here it is:

http://jessicastyle.com/images/Lanvin Jet Set Bag.jpg

But I'm confused, because it looks exactly like the knockoff. Could this one be a fake?
The JS bag was purchased at Barneys BH.

The fakes have round beads all one color and the real ones are half circles and are different colors like bronze, gold that are in the beads. The intouch magazine from last week had a photo of the real one and a fake. They were stating that you could not tell the difference, but when they were together you could see the difference. I just love that bag and hope they release it again.

Eclecticbagz said:
taitai, you mentioned that they are continuing this bag for spring 06 in a previous thread...do you know if they are going to produce it again?

also, how are you liking your bag so far?

The Monaco SAs have given conflicting info - the manager said it was just for spring/summer season but the SA said they might bring it in again next year. The SA at Barneys in NY Liliana kind of gave conficting info too. :unsure:

I think Alber Elbaz was a few steps ahead of everyone with the gold studs which most brands only hyped up for the F/W 2005 collection.

I am seriously loving this bag. I usually switch bags every few days or so but have used this every day. It's funky cool and can go from day to night, weekday to weekend. And it's nice that it's not a common design because here you it's easy to see paddingtons, spys, hermes, chanel everywhere.

I will try to take pictures this weekend and upload here.

Bagqueen - who was on the cover of the intouch magazine with the article on the bag? I'll try to look for the magazine.
I haven't seen a fake version yet but your description of the authentic bag is spot on, each stud is different. Also, the leather is really soft and pliable, with some subtle graining.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theaucourant
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->