D la Repubblica ‘The Fashion Issue’ Volume #1 2024 by Robin Galiegue

Imaan is my favorite: composition, pose, styling. I normally don’t like Adwoa or Emily, but their covers are super nice too mostly because of the styling and this red scarf - I am sucker for red accents. Mica herself I like but cover is surprisingly average.

Linda is super bad. Natalia is good however I just can’t stand her. deva, Devyn, carolyn, Kiki, Edie are easy to live without. The rest just goes good due to the colors, styling and composition.

Imaan is my favorite: composition, pose, styling. I normally don’t like Adwoa or Emily, but their covers are super nice too mostly because of the styling and this red scarf - I am sucker for red accents. Mica herself I like but cover is surprisingly average.

Linda is super bad. Natalia is good however I just can’t stand her. deva, Devyn, carolyn, Kiki, Edie are easy to live without. The rest just goes good due to the colors, styling and composition.
Same here, I think my favorite is Imaan's. A lot of good ones but hers stands out for the reasons you mentioned, I'd also add her expression is kind of stronger than many others too. And, well, yes! I can't even dislike Emily's cover as well. Not the same level of expression and presence as Imaan's, for sure and by miles, but the composition is quite one of the most interesting of the entire pack and the pose works... like her body language is way higher this time than her average/usual modeling skills.

oh my I love them ALL except Devyn and Emily.
Raquel's is simply perfection... I don't know which one I like the most tbh

My top choices are: Raquel, Karen, Rianne, Malgosia,Natalia,Anja and Imaan

What a fantastic set of covers! For once, it's an overload of truly good covers instead of the usual drab picks...

Unpopular choice, but Rianne's cover is one of my top contenders. I really enjoy the cocoon situation with her face framed in red, it's very vintage and striking. Malgosia, Karen, Julia, Imaan, Raquel and Doutzen are some of my other favourites, but if I had the chance I would get them all because they're all quite stunning and it's been a loooong time I since I last liked this many covers for a single issue. Emily, Devyn and Kiki's are among my least favourite. Very excited to see those 60 pages of editorial content for this!

Stellar story! I am actually blown away. Such a waste to print this on the horrible supplement paper, but then again some of the best stories were printed on the most horrible paper... Bravo to Emanuele, who is slowly redeeming himself in my eyes.

The shot of Linda and Karen, Karen in Prada, Mila Van Eeten in Givenchy, Rianne, Amar Akway's shot. Ugh! So much good stuff!!! Deva looks like an old Hollywood muse. Love, love, love!

That shot of Doutzen and Natalia is to die for!

I'm surprised by how much I enjoy these. Even Emily's cover doesn't bug me, she looks like a 1950s juvenile delinquent.

This shot of Rianne is attempting to channel Romy Schneider in The Things of Life (those glasses!) and I am here for it.

1708126141468.png
repubblica.it

Breathtaking editorial. That’s high fashion!

D la Repubblica ‘The Fashion Issue’ Volume #1 2024 by Robin Galiegue​

IMG_7062.webpIMG_7060.webpIMG_7059.webpIMG_7058.jpeg
repubblica.it

Farneti truly redeemed himself! Fantastic covers and editorial photos.

WOW… Great editorial!

Doutzen with Natalia, Linda with Karen (like a Peter Lindbergh tribute), Malgosia with Carolyn, Rianne hair shot and Amar are my favorites!

Did Farneti die and be replaced? Like Avril Lavigne… Because this cannot be the same one that was Vogue Italia EIC.

Did Farneti die and be replaced? Like Avril Lavigne… Because this cannot be the same one that was Vogue Italia EIC.
Farmeti is present. The issue was Conde Nasty was limiting his creativity. Meanwhile, it seems La Repubblica is allowing him more creative freedom and capitalizing on what Vogue has nothing more of - pure fashion luxury and fantasy.

Vogue was the place to be like this, it's really sad he didn't 😭 I realized he made strong connection with models, photographers and stylist working there. Without VI this magazine wouldn't have all these names involved. He started making great magazines for men, and as the majority here I believed he couldn't with women's titles, but D is changing my thoughts about his direction. His Vogue failed in part for mixing art with fashion, pulling out fashion models and replacing them with paintings or IA, for making themed issues every month, for touching social topics pretending to be near to Franca's vision without the same result, for making so many covers by month (from 5 to 100!), and of course the art direction of his ternure, especially the second half. I will remember what happened to VI because it changed forever after him. But in the other hand it's nice to see him making by far a better magazine. Maybe he will return to a major title one day and fix what he has done.

wow! wow, this is a great, almost fantastic issue. fernanda and amar should've gotten covers over kiki and devyn - those two in particular are the weakest of the bunch, more so than emily, which is saying something.

emily r is basically this generation's victoria secret model trying to prove she can also do high fashion. her second photo was stronger than her cover one imo

the mistakes made at VI laid the groundwork for the improvements and success made at d la repubblica. he is just as culpable as verderi for the violent assault of VI. i appreciate the effort with this supplement. can't fully call it a redemption, but it's definitely progress. others tend to opt for regression, but here, at this publication, he is improving. kudos to farneti.

THE FASHION ISSUE VOL. 1: THE MODELS' DNA
Photography:
Robin Galiegue
Styling: Jacob K
Hair: Thom Priano, Jimmy Paul & Benjamin Muller
Make-up: Pat McGrath, Mark Carrasquillo & Lucy Bridge
Models: Linda Evangelista, Natalia Vodianova, Ella Mccutcheon, Rianne Van Rompaey, Anja Rubik, Doutzen Kroes, Fernanda Ly, Julia Nobis, Raquel Zimmermann, Amar Akway, Ilya Vermeulen, Carolyn Murphy, Imaan Hammam, Edie Campbell, Guinevere Van Seenus, Kiki Willems, Amy Arnett, Tess Breede, Saskia de Brauw, Mica Argañaraz, Mila Van Eeten, Devyn Garcia, Adwoa Aboah, Malgosia Bela, Quinn Mora, Karen Elson, Emily Ratajkowski, Deva Cassel & Liya Kebede

repubblica.it

This editorial is stellar. Thank you all for posting. Robin has been one of my favorite photographers in the last few years alongside Ola Rindal, Hördur Ingason, Sarah Blais, Szilveszter Makó, Melanie + Ramón, the Thornfeldt sisters, Marcus Schaefer, and Paul Kooiker (there are a few I'm forgetting). I think there are a lot of great fashion photographers, actually, but sadly wayy too many terrible, awful stylists who have ruined something had potential too often to count. And I fear a lot of these stylists got their job because of nepotism, which is why these photographers are forced to work with mediocre people. Also, sadly, few photographers and stylists understand that this work is a mutual collaboration between everyone involved. I am not an expert either, but this is obvious and even more obvious when you see a result like the one in this particular editorial.

I am personally very glad that it isn't Vogue the magazine offering this kind of content anymore. Vogue doesn't pay photographers, stylists, etc for a lot of its content (it offers people work in exchange for credit), this magazine is full of nepotism, classism, and is the breeding ground for all the negative things that enable true creativity to flourish. Vogue has had a monopoly of what fashion should be for wayy too long. I'm here for its downfall.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
maliburum
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->