Daniel Lee - Designer, Creative Director of Burberry

The Burberry website looks like it's slid back to the Bailey years. I don't feel Daniel Lee on there at all any more. That new shoot by Alasdair Mclellan is giving UK Coach! Rainclouds are definitely gathering!
It’s giving UK Macy’s own low-price sale rack announcement lol

Clearly here the CEO is the ***hole; Lee was very nice and reassuring about him during post-show interview. On one hand it’s his boss but on the other it was clearly self-preservation instinct…

With that being said I’m sure LVMH is already eying him for some position.
Isnt it always the case though?!? New CEO, followed by a new designer…

An intern mentioned today that the AW24 collection stuff is gaining some traction on Chinese social media. Not sure to what extent but would be funny if his stuff finally catches on just as he’s exiting. Well it won’t be funny for Burberry but still…

There are several designers who can fit perfectly into Burberry's DNA, just take a look at the now dead London Collections: MEN from 2015:

You want sartorial modernity? You have Joshua Kane
You want modern traditionalism? You have S. S. Daley
You want streetwear? You have Daniel W. Fletcher
You want modernism in outerwear? You have Lee Roach

Burberry can experiment with little-known designers who do their job wonderfully, because they know they would design with the DNA and history of a nation in their hands

Isnt it always the case though?!? New CEO, followed by a new designer…

If it is then its a pathological system at this point and let's agree on that. It is impossible for CD to establish their presence within 1-2 years, changing creative direction (not only director because bare in mind the entire studio is out the window if their boss is out) every 6 seasons is just damaging for the brand and the ecosystem (jobs etc.). And what next, 2026: new logo, new website, new CD, then 2029: new logo, new website, new CD, new aesthetic, 2032...

If it is then its a pathological system at this point and let's agree on that. It is impossible for CD to establish their presence within 1-2 years, changing creative direction (not only director because bare in mind the entire studio is out the window if their boss is out) every 6 seasons is just damaging for the brand and the ecosystem (jobs etc.). And what next, 2026: new logo, new website, new CD, then 2029: new logo, new website, new CD, new aesthetic, 2032...
Well, the fashion system is a pathological system. Its a sad truth.

An intern mentioned today that the AW24 collection stuff is gaining some traction on Chinese social media. Not sure to what extent but would be funny if his stuff finally catches on just as he’s exiting. Well it won’t be funny for Burberry but still…
Is that the same intern who said “YES” to Daniel Lee??!

^I'd rather see him at Loewe if Anderson goes to Dior, but I'm not sure if LVMH would be up for dealing with his working style.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mookie
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->