Danielle Scutt S/S 07 London

Lena

etre soi-meme
Reaction score
00310m.jpg

Danielle Scutt

LONDON, September 18, 2006 – The Fashion East show has come to be like a tasting plate in one of London's most original restaurants: Turn up, and what you're offered are three flavors of the best up-and-coming talent. The exercise of rendering each collection down to 12 looks only improves the intensity, and this season, it was Danielle Scutt's fifties-meets-seventies power vixens who knocked the audience sideways. Done up in stiffly towering quiffs, red lamé cocktail skirts, and animal prints made into bodysuits and skintight denim, Scutt's women were not for the tame-hearted—and that's exactly how she wanted it. "I'm proud to be a woman. I'm not one of the boys. I think clothes should be empowering and sexy," said this recent graduate of Central Saint Martins. Among the chorus of voices being raised in praise of glamazon style in London, hers is the first that is female—and the difference shows. Fierce shapes she may have, but the odd vivid-red print shirt and piece of leopard-spot denim made it apparent that this is a girl who also thinks about stuff you could imagine wearing.

– Sarah Mower

from style.com

00390m.jpg

00350m.jpg

00400m.jpg

00430m.jpg

00420m.jpg

00470m.jpg

00480m.jpg

00490m.jpg

style.com

its not a 'great' debut collection but i like the punk/rockabilly kick, very streetwear

I like.

Love that printed mini dress with wide belt, very cute.

just noticed the shoes, mainly the last pair :heart:

I don't know why..but my first impression is that this seems like a London Proenza Schouler to me...

I must be missing something...what's good about this, exactly? :unsure: I think she could have come up with pretty much the exact same looks if she'd just raided a charity shop (one with a well-stocked 80's section) half an hour before showtime. Maybe it's interesting as a styling exercise, but as design? No.

I quite like this, especially the skirts and the last dress but I'm not convinced that it's anything special.

droogist said:
I must be missing something...what's good about this, exactly? :unsure: I think she could have come up with pretty much the exact same looks if she'd just raided a charity shop (one with a well-stocked 80's section) half an hour before showtime. Maybe it's interesting as a styling exercise, but as design? No.

Haha, agreed! And WTF @ that one-boobed "swimsuit"??? Yeah, I'm sure swimming and sunning with one t*t hanging out is about to sweep the world! :huh:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->