Daria Werbowy

It pains me to even think of how long we've gone without Daria Werbowy. We all need medals the size of dustbin lids for putting up with this! I can only hope that she makes a comeback REAL soon (preferably on the cover of Vogue Paris). One can hope, at the very least.

If Ashley were really smart, she would make Daria the opener of the first collection with Raf Simons. But I just don’t know if they’re going to make a show lol

US Vogue March 2004
"Personal Velocity"

Models: Madeleine Bloomberg, Julia Stegner, Tiiu Kiuk, Hana Soukupova, Jaunel McKenzie, Karen Elson, Liya Kebede, Elise Crombez, Isabeli Fontana, Daria Werbowy & Anouck Lepére
Photographer: Steven Klein
Stylist: Grace Coddington
Hair: Ward Stegerhoek
Makeup: Gucci Westman
Set Designer: Mary Howard

archive.vogue.com

I miss her on print but I don't miss her on the catwalk.

Someone commented on the Dolce & Gabbana SS 2005 show that as soon as Naomi entered the runway she set the pace for the show but Daria couldn't follow, and someone else replied that she served as a palate cleanser between Naomi and Carmen Kass. That made me LOL.
I know that a lot of people find Daria very boring on the runway but I miss her walk too. I think that most people maybe aren't able to feel her intensity on the runway. Her walk was so simple and elegant but she had a strong gaze and the little smirk she did while posing always killed me. I love how she always turned her head last after posing, it adds more personality imo. I really think she had one of the best runway presence .

I can't believe that I forgot to tell you guys this very important information. It was late summer 2020 and as I opened IG I was shocked + delighted to see that @/dotwillow has put a story! It was a selfie of herself with the dog filter and her skin seemed in better condition than it was a few years ago. I was so excited that maybe Daria has finally decided to return but I was still in doubt that she might delete so I screenshotted. And guess what?! Within less than 2 minutes the story was gone. I am not sure if I still have that screenshot, even if I do I will have to try very hard to find it :cry:.

^Please do!

It would be truly wonderful to see Daria making a comeback (ideally for the 100th anniversary issue of Vogue Paris). All these flashbacks, like the glorious Mario Testino editorial from US Vogue's March 2006 issue just makes Daria's absence all the more painful. :heart:

I can't believe that I forgot to tell you guys this very important information. It was late summer 2020 and as I opened IG I was shocked + delighted to see that @/dotwillow has put a story! It was a selfie of herself with the dog filter and her skin seemed in better condition than it was a few years ago. I was so excited that maybe Daria has finally decided to return but I was still in doubt that she might delete so I screenshotted. And guess what?! Within less than 2 minutes the story was gone. I am not sure if I still have that screenshot, even if I do I will have to try very hard to find it :cry:.
Can we get the FBI involved sis? Please, FIND THAT PIC LOL!

I remember when I started out back in 2010, our team made an attempt to “borrow” her from Elmer... LOL We thought maybe we had a glimmer of a chance since the stylist was good friends with Elmer and his bookers. We got this really polite denial from the booker— reminding us that Daria is a tad in demand… He was so sweet and kind. Good times back in 2010 :sigh:

(…And I had no idea who Daria was in 2010…)

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->