Dazed & Confused April 2010 : The XX by Pierre Debusschere

i think there is a small ed in this issue, shot by KT alueta, three girls, wet clothes,
if anyone gets this issue and it is indeed in this issue, could you please please scan!! thankyoou :smile:

240624.jpg

dazeddigital

this band is so over...i thought dazed was about new up and coming music/fashion.

Yet it wouldn't make sense to put a completely unknown band on the cover.
I dunno... what if Gonjasufi for example was on the cover, ppl would be scratching their heads going "WTF"?

Anyway the feature is about tracking The XX's year of success since Dazed first featured them as opposed to proposing them as a 'new band'...

(Oh, and I don't work for Dazed anymore so hopefully this isn't overly biased!)

They are a great band that's really having success... Open your ears and you shall hear about them... :rolleyes:

Strange cover though...

Showing Out
model: Hannah Holman
photographer: Serge Leblon
stylist: Karen Langley

fashiongonerogue

D&G
model: Ylonka Verheul
photographer: Jason Kibbler
stylist: Karen Langley

fashiongonerogue

The XX appearance doesn't excite me in any way, but the eds are great as always. I like the styling and everything.

this band is so over...i thought dazed was about new up and coming music/fashion.

Are you 5? This band is so over? :rolleyes:
Anywho, decent cover. I like Dazed for thinking outside the box people create in the fashion industry. When you kind of expect it to do something they always do something else. Typographically, I love it as well, the center alignment under the title is very nice on my eyes and better than blurb overload that plagues most magazines.

Last edited by a moderator:
Are you 5? This band is so over? :rolleyes:

wow didn't realise i would get such a huge response :lol:

over as in for me, i liked them a while ago but they are not cover worthy now (boring, overexposed. etc.)

I'm not a fan of xx soI might skip this one. I do like the cover though.

I love the cover image, and I like the band- so I guess it works for me. It'd work even if I didn't know who they were, which is a decent enough test IMO of whether a cover image is a good one or not.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alcatrazadam
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->