Dazed & Confused October 2011 : Riccardo Tisci & Gang by Matthew Stone

As if designing the 'Watch The Throne' packaging wasn't enough...this man's ego is going to blow up to astronomical proportions. Frankly, I had enough already.

dazeddigital

Can mods please add in the title, Saskia De Brauw, Ricardo Tisci & ( i don't know boy's name).

As if designing the 'Watch The Throne' packaging wasn't enough...this man's ego is going to blow up to astronomical proportions. Frankly, I had enough already.

How so? I can understand people's frustration with Riccardo's association with MCB, but how he is egotistical? What is wrong with a designer gracing the cover of a magazine, guest editing, and actually designing artworks? He's simply doing his job. He hasn't said anything that supports your statement in regards to his ego.

Last edited by a moderator:
love it, it's amazing!!! And I'm not even a fan of Givenchy! But Ricardo is a genius and Mariacarla an international supermodel sooooooo = magic had to be created.

i wish i had my very own MCB to drape wherever i wanted

but yeah, just her and Riccardo would've made a better cover

also don't understand why Kate Moss appears on the list of designers...

It's not a list of designers, there are a few other non-designers listed there like Miranda July, Peaches, Alejandro Jodorowsky & Scott Walker.

I must be the only person in the world who is getting tired of him & Givenchy.
You are not alone. I used to love his work for Givenchy but nowadays I don't find him as creative/interesting as he used to be. On the other hand, I like the cover shot.

How so? I can understand people's frustration with Riccardo's association with MCB, but how he is egotistical? What is wrong with a designer gracing the cover of a magazine, guest editing, and actually designing artworks? He's simply doing his job. He hasn't said anything that supports your statement in regards to his ego.

thank you! I completely agree.

people act like he's reached Karl Lagerfeld levels of delusions of grandeur
I personally find his work (in all mediums) interesting and refreshing compared to the other designers that are out there

I don't understand the central one looking right to us it's like connecting with us but not too engaged with the picture he is at (maybe on purpose... but it's a bit off to me)... it's very dramatic and all but I think I would have love MariaCarla only.

Mariacarla Boscono + Tisci + Givenchy is getting boring. Too predictable.

My issue came today, last one as part of my subscription, looking forward to reading this later!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->