Derek Lam S/S 10 New York

i'm not into the makeup, most of the girls look like they have horrible fake orange tans. but the clothes are very interesting.

Yeah I like a few pieces.. but that black and white junk on Lily Donaldson is veye-ull.

it's very solid overall...very New York. It's probably the best collection so far. (I'm waiting for Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler.

I recall that one day my DH and I were walking from soho to nyu area...I saw this good looking Asian man on the way walking towards us and I thought that he looked so familiar...perhaps a HongKong movie star? I couldn't figure out for many hours but finally realized that he was Derek Lam!:lol:

I love your little story Caffeine, lol!
Yes, the collection is very solid and polished!

it's very solid overall...very New York. It's probably the best collection so far. (I'm waiting for Marc Jacobs and Proenza Schouler.

I recall that one day my DH and I were walking from soho to nyu area...I saw this good looking Asian man on the way walking towards us and I thought that he looked so familiar...perhaps a HongKong movie star? I couldn't figure out for many hours but finally realized that he was Derek Lam!:lol:

hair and make up is attrocious but the clothes are awesome , very 1940s but very edgy at the same time .

i loooooooooove it, love everything in the collection clothes, makeup, shoes, hair... EVERYTHING :smile:

No. No. No. Derek! What happened? I always look forward to Derek Lam and this is just not working for me. I miss the mix of elegant, classic, and fresh!

And can we put a limit on the amount of florals used per designer this season? Choose sparingly, designers.

Last edited by a moderator:
either his house isn't in financial trouble OR he's not letting that financial trouble get to him because this collection stands apart from the pack. and i commend derek lam for going completely commercial. while the palatte reminds me of the soft pastels dries van noten refreshed two seasons ago, there's something flirty and free about these clothes that i'm not altogether sure matches the times.

i guess we'll just have to wait and see. i'm happy to see those high hemlines even in a collection as soft and girly as this....

I'm one of the very few who find this collection atrocious. What's with these black darts all over? Bad cut, poor construction, awful shiny prints and colours...I can't see anything new or modern here, very dated, and not in a good way.

SOLID. It will sell and it will sell well. I won't doubt to see it everywhere.

I really like this - I found it fresh, not dated, at all (unless one considers all references to the past dated, of course). :smile:

I love the color combinations plus the cut is very flattering.
Overall the collection is a breath of fresh air

DLam has always been a favorite designer of mine, and i absolutely love this collection. I love the mix of prints to sharp structure to fun colors. The cobalt blue and teal are beautiful, and the oxfords are amazing!!!!! I want it all!!!! And sparkly dress!!!! AH!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fashionblogger30000
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->