Designer Labels Going Out Of Fashion?

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 17th, 2003 - 9:07 am
:flower:
even though the journalist is not real accurate with his arguments, i believe he's touching a very real new 'trend' in the lux market.. Labels are not what they used to be, designer wear is certainly been losing its 'touch' hence the 'life savers' aka celebrities to advertise looks. Pesonally i think the 'celebrity' bug is rapidly losing its touch :P
Regarding popularity of lux labels, women are fed up ending up wearing the same looks 'en masse' they long for discovering new designers, securing 'unique' looks, avoiding the mass image of designer labels, emerge with 'personal style'.
The new 'must' is to discover the undiscovered designer and show that you snob big labels (its actually happening right now in europe).
I bet we all understand how humiliating must be wearing the same uber expensive design bag or shoes or blouse in any social gathering, that alone makes label uniformity the thing not to do. :wink:

*Regarding Stella -who does not impress me at all- it was only yesterday that people were swearing by the Chloè label. Even if we might not agree, Stella is considered an international name and she used to be ultra trendy during her Chloè days, she made the Style top ten designers more than once and her work has been widely covered by Press etc.
*Versace does have big money problems, check out 'minimazed' advertising budgets and actually skipped HC shows, its a fact.
*The title 'stylist' is much more appropriate for this kind of 'designers' that actually do not design anything at all. Most lux designers work with design 'assistant' teams that do... all the work for them. "Designers' just edit from their design team's ideas and mix the collection together. As a fact too.
I certainly hope that celeb fashion will become a lost cause. But unfortunately,I just don't see it going away AT ALL here in the U.S. People are still 'too' stuck on them.

As far as the term stylists go,it is indeed referred to designers or creative directors that tends not to really work on them,like you say Lena,relying mostly on their staff. Another being ones that mainly design from existing forms and shilouettes and not really change them that much.

In all actuality women have always wanted to wear something different and unique. They have always wanted a style all their own. Following celebrities was a trend and now i think they are going back to being their own stylist and trendsetter. I mean really! Who are the ppl walking around saying "This is the dress Natalie Portman had on?" I find it sad. I can see admiration, but copying? :blink: In the real world, men do that, and even some of them are stepping out now. But what i am saying is that individuality is REALLY coming back and I'm so glad. Even designers are getting thier models back.

Originally posted by TheSweetest@Dec 18th, 2003 - 4:31 pm
what i am saying is that individuality is REALLY coming back and I'm so glad.
so am I sweetest :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
treasureagence
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->