Designers for UNIQLO

Are there any official news that a 2nd season of Lemaire for Uniqlo is indeed happening? A while ago we heard there should have been a re-stocking for Christmas and a 2nd collection for spring, but at least the re-stocking never came to happen.

the restocking happened where i live. the items are still in store now. some went on clearance during the post christmas sale - others are are still at full price.

there are also photos floating around online of the Fall 2016 lemaire items.

A small Helmut Lang jeans collection with 3 pieces will be out October 27th - i can't tell but the pieces look unisex.

It looks like this is sadly a US release only? I managed to find them on the US Uniqlo site, but not on my local German one.

It looks like this is sadly a US release only? I managed to find them on the US Uniqlo site, but not on my local German one.

Europe / Germany is usually the last market to announce new collabs, so I wouldn't assume it's a US only release (as it's also shown on the Japanese homepage). That being said, I'm surprised to see the price of those jeans being quite a bit higher from Uniqlo U or even +J jeans - I'm curious to see if and how that reflects in the product, as I don't believe the Helmut Lang brand has a bigger pull among fashion followers than Lemaire or Jil Sander - quite the opposite, I'd say!

I wish they would let her do less lingerie/lounge inspired pieces. All of the capsules have been gorgeous but would like to see RTW similar to main line.

So.. has U been phased out in favor of Clare's C?

C is HORRIBLE. Even the stuff that looks like it may have some potential online, it's tragic in real life. U always had at least a couple of nice pieces since it came out 8 years ago. :unamused:

^ I think U is still available in the menswear division, maybe they'll release the next drop later.

To me, C is a massive hit or miss. I got a sweater because it's an incredibly versatile piece, the bag is also wonderful, even if it's fake leather, but the pants were too stiff for my taste. Same with the cap, I wanted to buy it, but the shape is too odd. I really hope the next release will be better.

So.. has U been phased out in favor of Clare's C?

U has NOT been phased out at all, in fact the new look-book is already on display on the Japanese website and soon will be everywhere else. And, to be honest, it's starting to look really really repetitive. I bought quite a lot from U over the years but lately I have had a hard time finding something to covet from it. The menswear this upcoming season is a low point, just terrible.
I feel like Lemaire's cycle at Uniqlo is sort of coming to an end.

Last edited:
^ phew, and don’t say that! I don’t buy it often either (why would I want 3 variations of the same trench coat lol), but I need to know that it is there, as an option/replacement. :grinningwsweat:

Is it me or the U collection has shrunk? I just checked the lookbook and it seems that there is so little available. Quite a boring season!

^ replying a year later and just to double down on that! I stopped by to check out the new collection today and it was miserable.. it just keeps getting worse and smaller each season! it felt like looking at 6 items, mostly outwear.. I'm a little upset.. I guess it comes down to sales but why ruin something that was pretty solid..? Lemaire's brand has gotten more varied and this has gone the opposite way, I wonder what is going on? it's almost as if both parties are over it but they're stuck with a contract.

I also feel that the colour palette has become odder each season. A lot of those colours are just unflattering, or they evoke a negative sensory response.

^ replying a year later and just to double down on that! I stopped by to check out the new collection today and it was miserable.. it just keeps getting worse and smaller each season! it felt like looking at 6 items, mostly outwear.. I'm a little upset.. I guess it comes down to sales but why ruin something that was pretty solid..? Lemaire's brand has gotten more varied and this has gone the opposite way, I wonder what is going on? it's almost as if both parties are over it but they're stuck with a contract.
How do you feel about the new Uniqlo C collection by Clare?

^ you're talking about the lighter colors, right? I hate them with a passion!

upalette1.jpgupalette2.jpgupalette3.jpg

I feel like that's just Uniqlo and it's a shame because Lemaire's palette of deep jewel tones and browns is still going strong and they certainly let them work with it at the beginning.

I own a couple of blouses from C (I bought them out of curiosity because one of them was in a very bright shade of blue that was so out of my comfort zone but I kind of love it now!) but there's just something about it I can't get onboard with. They currently have the two full lines next to each other at the store on 5th Ave, I think people naturally gravitate towards U, it's just not a very versatile line anymore, it almost feels aimed towards the 15-22 age bracket, and C is varied and 100% adult.. but C is also a little too conservative and when it's not, it feels trendy in a cheesy way (like those pleated skirts and checked dresses). I was tempted to try on the tweed pants but.. too baggy, store was about to close, not worth the quick run lol.

I feel Uniqlo is generally moving away from more formal clothes that call for more expensive materials they cannot market at such low target prices - Back when the collaboration with Lemair started, they still had wool pants and a more formal coat option, whereas today, it’s all clearly reading as casual wear - Not to mention +J, where they had woollen fabrics from one of Japan's most expensive wool fabric mill!

That being said, I think there are still useful pieces to be had here. I really like the two more fluid women's shirts and am happy they cut a good portion of the collection now as unisex styles, meaning they button on the men's side.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sighnvera
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->