Diamonds On Your Teeth

Emmie

Reaction score
:lol: I was going to a get a little pink diamond on my tooth the other day until i was told by my m8 that it wrecks ur teeth for the rest of your life. Can any1 confirm this???
Emmie xxx

:shock: I would do a lot of research on this before I took such an irrevokable step. It sounds like it could be rather risky. :shock:

Well, putting jewellery on your teeth is really not a big deal as far as "safety" goes. Fillings, bridges, crowns and what-not are tried and tested.

Only thing is, do you really think you'll want jewellery on your teeth for the rest of your life? Just do it, as long as you're aware of the fact that you probably will want to get rid of it some day... That's when the problems start.

I'm not sure if we're talking about the same thing but my friend wanted to get a "diamond" put on her tooth. It really wasn't a diamond per se though, just a colored stone. It wasn't an actual procedure either, I'm pretty sure it's just put on with a glue that will disolve naturally in a month or something like that.

Something temporary might be fine. It's embedding stones that can cause difficulties. Other dental problems don't penetrate the face of the tooth. Or maybe I misunderstood. :unsure:

I expect a false jewel could be glued on--braces for straightening teeth are glued on. However, it would probably feel pretty weird, and might look like you had food stuck in your teeth. Also, if it wasn't glued down securely, or was hard to clean around adequately, it could promote decay.

I am thinking this sounds like a bad idea. I don't think it would look very attractive (too "bling-y") and any way you might attempt it could damage your teeth.

Is this for aethestic reasons? Maybe I'm just out of the loop but it sounds like it would look horrible. :unsure:

Originally posted by sugarjunkie@Jan 27th, 2004 - 6:34 pm
Is this for aethestic reasons? Maybe I'm just out of the loop but it sounds like it would look horrible. :unsure:
I agree! Why would anyone want this done? This really does not sound attractive to me... :ninja:

my cousin has this.. When you don't look well it really looks weird like she has food or something stuck there... but if you are next to her it's pretty nice..

not to put you down.. but here in sweden (and this is NOT a fashion mecca) ppl did that like 6 years ago

:shock: It seems ...weird :blink:
You will probably be freaky looking with a diamond on your tooth :ninja:

Enrichi...
it'd be ghetto-fabulous if the diamonds spelled out your name. :wink:
My favourite though has to be the diamond studded gold fangs they hang.....they things you see.

Originally posted by Sugo@Jan 28th, 2004 - 10:58 pm
Enrichi...
it'd be ghetto-fabulous if the diamonds spelled out your name. :wink:
My favourite though has to be the diamond studded gold fangs they hang.....they things you see.
what? diamond-studded gold fangs? are we talking vampires? are we talking canines? i'm so confused. pics, please!

Agreed! I'd like to see some pictures! It sounds like a terrible idea to me both stylewise and safetywise but I've never ever seen or heard of this.

Oh Emmie, I just looked at your recent posts...so far all your posts have been about changing yourself! You're only 13! I'm just about fifteen and although there are things I'd like to change I don't follow through on most of them. I like my flaws, they're what keep people from completely hating me because otherwise I'm quite perfect :P The only thing I bother with is dying my hair because I think its fun. I don't even bother trying to clear up my skin despite some unfortunate blackheads from genetics because the only thing that works could be fatal according to warnings. And this pink diamond thing sounds like bad news. Be a little happier with yourself!

Unfortunately I can't find any right now...i'll keep looking.
But all you have to do is come down to certain neighborhoods in Brooklyn, New York and the things you'll see....
they make you wonder

Like this?

jewel1.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"