DIY fashion ideas

Another collaboration b/w heelscatchfire and I!

DIY Recreating Christopher Shannon SS 14 Glitter Hair

Got a new one! This one is a crystal hair clip, but it's actually made from glass rocks rather than a real stone to keep costs down. Looks good with minimalist styled outfits!

D.I.Y.| Crystal Hair Clip

01/ Take your clip of choice and sandpaper the surface of it. A clip with a smooth, solid surface works best for the stones to attach to. Sanding the clip helps the glue adhere better.
02/ After you've decided how you'd like the stones aligned, sandpaper the bottom part of the stone that is being glued down.
03/ Using E6000 glue, attach the stones to your clip and allow approximately 10 minutes to dry. The setting won't be 100% dry until 24 hours after.

Voila!

(photos by me)

Spiked Sock D.I.Y.

So simple you don't need an explanation :P, I've seen styles like this bouncing around Tumblr and Etsy and decided to give it a try myself. I've see it mostly with black or tie-dyed socks, but I like the look of classic white socks.

photo by me

A bit more of a beauty d.i.y. but I still feel it fits under 'fashion ideas' since it is from the runway.

Recreating Dior S/S 13 Couture Jeweled Lips
Materials Needed:

Lipstick
Swarovski Rhinestones (For best results buy a package of both small and medium sized stones, I purchased 3 packages in total, this depends on the size of your lips.)
Eyelash Glue (We used e.l.f's)
Tweezers (optional)

Step 1: Apply lipstick in a shade that compliments your rhinestones (Silvya used her Tom Ford lipstick in Bruised Plum).

Step 2: It is best to start with the outline of your lips and work your way in. Dior exaggerated the cupids bow, placing those stones slightly outside the natural lip line. To make things easier, Silvya decided to follow the natural lip line. Apply a small amount of eyelash glue to the place where you will be applying the stone, then set the stone on top. Time is of the essence --the glue will dry fast! In this step apply the smaller size of stone.

Step 3: After you have finished the outline, continue with a second row of small stones, using the same method.

Step 4: Once you have finished the two outer rows, fill in the inner most portion of the lip with the larger size of stone. Be mindful the closer in you go that you do not ingest any glue or place a stone so far up on your lip that it enters your mouth.​

photos by me, diy by heelscatchfire

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
peytontung
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->