DKNY Jeans S/S 2009 by Scott Schuman

Some random photographer is shooting Chanel on the street :ninja:

OH HELL NO SWEETIE :lol::shock:

A random photographer regularly on assignment for Vogue and GQ, who shot for Elle, and got featured in a national GAP campaign (which is something even most models can't claim), nevermind being ranked by Times as one of the most influential in design. Sooo...not so random :P.

Interesting that they used The Sartorialist. It's not my taste though.

Oh O.K Bahiyaa, it's just the last campaign was good enough so I don't think they needed to alter it drastically~

It's a new idea, not bad....I don't love it but it's something different so not bad!

the idea is very nice ...
but is sooo ambiguous ...
waiting to see the results in the context of a fashion magazine ...

pretty agree with tigerrouge's post :

For me, the charm, the spirit of the Sartorialist is that he captures real people, on the move, in their own outfits chosen by them alone; individuals standing out, in their own way.

So it's no wonder that something is lost, when that approach is applied to create an scenario where models pose in commercially-oriented outfits which have probably been chosen by an entire committee.

And whoever was in charge of the final images, adding a computer-generated 'chaotic' border does not restore spontaneity to things, it harks back to the Calvin Klein campaigns, and makes this look like an amateur copy, an unfortunate comparison that could have been avoided.

On the other hand, seeing it in the context of a magazine may well restore something to the campaign, because it'll be nestling in among other new campaigns, and some of the sense of freshness could rub off to make this seem more exciting.

As it stands, it was a great idea to turn to a new and well-regarded 'eye' but it hasn't been thought out well enough, because the magic hasn't been captured in these commercial images. The Sartorialist has turned up and done what was asked, but someone higher-up hasn't really considered if the concept will work.

It's an interesting start, but better results lie ahead in future work.

Not sure about this. Though I do like the guy and the bag is oké.

I like the concecpt, but the borders really ruin the campaign. Just awful.

I like the post of Tiger rouge... you put it soo well... i really like Scott Schuman ..(see my avatar..)... but unfortunately the jeans look awful and illfitting on Lais to me... they don't look at all lust-worthy...

When I saw these on The Sartorialist, I thought these were a candid from the shoot, I didn't know that it was the actual campaign. With that said, I see what he wanted to do with the campaign and it is a pretty fresh idea but it's bad. It really doesn't capture your attention at all.

And most important, the clothing doesn't stand out and it doesn't make me want to buy DKNY.

I don't understand how you go from Peter Lindbergh to a blogger? I guess the economy is really that bad. :ermm:

CK, DK and Co should stop doing jeans and advertise it, the clothes from those brands always look and are awful, even H&M does better denim than that.

DKNY Jeans S/S 09 by Scott Schuman

y00ib.jpg

*fashionologie*

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ericbaig68
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->