DNA Model Management Suing FORD Models

TREVOFASHIONISTO

Reaction score
Just found this information on newsandinsight.thomsonreuters.com:

NEW YORK, April 28 (Reuters) - Two agencies are staking a claim to high-fashion model Maryna Linchuk, and now the fight over her contract has gone to court.

DNA Model Management is suing Ford Models, one of its main competitors, for allegedly luring Linchuk away and damaging DNA's reputation.

DNA accuses Ford of tortuous interference with contract and unfair competition. It seeks at least $2 million in damages, according to the complaint filed Wednesday in New York Supreme Court. The lawsuit also accuses the model of breaching her contract with DNA.

Linchuk, who has appeared on the covers of Portuguese and Italian Vogue, signed an exclusive management agreement in 2006, the complaint says. Since then it says DNA has advanced "significant sums of money to Linchuk and on her behalf."

"From February 2006 to the present, DNA has invested heavily in promoting, marketing and managing Linchuk's career and professional image, preparing her for and helping her choose modeling assignments, shoots, etc.," the lawsuit says. "As a direct result of DNA's efforts, Linchuk has become a successful and sought after model."

She signed on for another two years in 2008, but on April 15 of this year, she sent DNA an e-mail saying she was thinking of leaving. Immediately thereafter, DNA received an e-mail from a representative of Ford following up on the model's request that DNA pass any bookings or options to him.

"Ford through its representatives solicited and induced Linchuk to break her contract with DNA," the lawsuit says. "But for said actions, Linchuk would have not breached her contract with DNA."

The damage goes beyond the broken pact with Linchuk, according to DNA. "Ford continues to contact DNA's business clients and contacts, advising of Linchuk's alleged dissatisfaction with DNA, damaging DNA's business reputation within the modeling community," the lawsuit says.

The case is DNA Model Management v. Ford Models and Maryna Linchuk, New York Supreme Court, No. 651113/2011.

For DNA: Russell Shanks of Cyruli Shanks Hart & Zizmor.

For Ford: Not immediately available. (Reporting by Jennifer Golson; Editing by Howard Goller

I knew DNA wouldn't take that loss lightly...:shock:

If a model wants to leave , so be it ;But for Ford to go out their way to discredit an agency's reputation along the way is a nono .Ford has the money and the connections to develop models to the top , why go around being shady?

If a model wants to leave , so be it ;But for Ford to go out their way to discredit an agency's reputation along the way is a nono .Ford has the money and the connections to develop models to the top , why go around being shady?

is Ford just full of evil agents? even their twitter account is completely snobbish

Ford has not been able to launch a their own 'Super' yet so they are poaching from other agencies and covering their bases with attitude. Strange way to do business. Seems out of character for Paul Rowland and he IS Ford at this point.

Defamation is a serious crime.
For Ford to risk that they must've had solid proof.. ex. Linchuk complained to Ford Agents about her dissatisfaction against DNA.
If this was a lie on either part, DNA wins hands down... and there will be serious reprecussion on Ford AND Linchuk tsk.. tsk

Does anybody know if there's an actual copy for download of the Complaint that was filed? Would love to read it myself.

I think a few of us at the "switching agencies" thread saw this lawsuit coming. Maryna Linchuk definitely isn't a small loss.

who is Maryna Linchuk? never heard of her.

Linchuk is no angel. Beautiful no doubt but not exactly shall we say humble. Say this having had spent time with her. Good luck to Ford with that.

You guys just made me check their twitter.:lol:
I'm definitely going to agree with you on that.
However, the absolute first thing I noticed was that they were tweeting about linguistics while using atrocious grammar.

^well, I understand that. despite the fact that she has a number of fans here on TFS, I wouldn't exactly say she is that big of a model. only recently has she gained a couple more Vogue covers/editorial. I find Maryna extremely beautiful, but she has always been a more of a filler girl to me; never quite making it that big as say Freja, Natasha, Sasha, or Anja, but she has been able to keep walking the better shows in fashion week and snag a blue-chip campaign every once in a while though.

I don't really understand the agency switch because it was probably under DNA that she got the Vogue covers, the Dolce campaigns and even her Express campaigns. but who knows...

Sorry, my post was out of sheer ignorance and sarcasm. Of course I know who Maryna Linchuk is, but what I was getting at was what fantastical put so eloquently. :wink:

^well, I understand that. despite the fact that she has a number of fans here on TFS, I wouldn't exactly say she is that big of a model. only recently has she gained a couple more Vogue covers/editorial. I find Maryna extremely beautiful, but she has always been a more of a filler girl to me; never quite making it that big as say Freja, Natasha, Sasha, or Anja, but she has been able to keep walking the better shows in fashion week and snag a blue-chip campaign every once in a while though.

I don't really understand the agency switch because it was probably under DNA that she got the Vogue covers, the Dolce campaigns and even her Express campaigns. but who knows...

^ Maryna felt the same. Therefore the switch, simple as that. But can Ford deliver before she jumps ship again is the question?

^ Maryna felt the same. Therefore the switch, simple as that. But can Ford deliver before she jumps ship again is the question?

well that clears it up ^_^
i just hope they can boost her editorial status

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roller69
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->