Does Designer Make you Fashionable?

Ceptuouse

Reaction score
OK I've just been on the http://bryanboy.typepad.com/ Blog and seen some of the pictures, and I guess this guy is liked by friends for all of the designer clothes he wears etc...

notwar.jpg

I like what hes wearing and I would wear some of it, just not all at once..

But do you guys think that if you spend thousands and wear head-to-toe Designer clothes it makes you fashionable?

Please post back with your views so I know that im not the only one who thinks designer clothes dont actually make you fashionable...:flower::flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
ABSOLUTELY NOT.

i think the number one thing that makes people fashionable is confidence, and then good taste.

i'll go into details later

Definately not. I tend to see more fashionable people wearing little to no designer clothes, compared to people covered head to toe in designer stuff.

I have those sunglasses...He looks like a J.Lo impersonator.

Designers do not make you fashionable. You make you fashionable, designer clothes are a medium to be fashionable wit, but they arent automatically fashionable...

Fashion and money are not positively correlated.

obviously ! :rolleyes:

:lol:

most definitely not
tht's smthn i wish so many ppl would learn
just b/c yr wearing dior blahblah doesn't mean you have 'style'

i'm no fashionista. haha ! although i have been called one {apparently it's a compliment ! :ermm: }
but i have a distinctive taste & style
none of my wardrobe is designer. none
&
tht's b/c right now there's no point in buying designer stuff for me
when my tastes + style are still developing & changing
+ i prefer to buy one off things frm cheap shops & alter them for me :heart:
i'm not one for looking like a clone :doh:

anyway. this discussion to me is redundant
there will always be ppl who have style & those who don't have such inherent style / taste
but whether they wear designer or not is irrelevant . . .
:flower:

I personally don't think that designer goods make you fashionable Some people are just very clever and creative with their clothing Some of those people can afford designer labels and others can't or don't want to spend like that If you ask me it's how you put it together

OMG! He has my Chanel brooch! It's soo going back now...Here it is worn as a necklace (which it can be done)

makatimed.jpg

He calls himself a fashion lover, but I have yet to see real fashion, except for the occasional Gaultier piece. This is why we should have selective buyers, he kills Chanel, Gaultier, McQueen and Dior. Gucci was already dead.

Im so serious, that brooch is going back. It's too big for me anyways, I havent found a nice way to wear it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Who gives a big fat rip about whether or not you're fashionable? Being stylish is where it's at, and to be stylish, you don't have to have the "must haves." In fact, you can never in your life ever have a season's "must have" item, and still have great style. You just have to wear what suits you, what is comfortable, things you like. If you do that, then you are almost certain to look great, no matter what.

Me, I don't always look that stylish--I'm very often just plain scrungy, but that's because I'm not that fussed about being stylish, either. Who cares how I look if I am pulling weeds in my garden, or getting all sweaty on my bike , or just generally being a slob around home. I don't lead the kind of lifestyle that lends well to being fashionable or stylish, but I do know I can bust out with my own personal "signature look" if and when I need to. It's all about comfort and confidence and a little bit of ballsy-ness.

in his outfits there are too many things going on at once...
as regards the question, my answer is no. definitely not.
i agree with wyatt. what really makes me feel 'fashionable' is confidence, and how comfortable putting on the clothes that i'm gonna wear. how they make me feel. it doesn't really matter to me if i spent $20 or $500 on clothes, if i think i don't look good on them, or if i feel uncomfortable wearing them

As You Like It said:
Who gives a big fat rip about whether or not you're fashionable? Being stylish is where it's at, and to be stylish, you don't have to have the "must haves." In fact, you can never in your life ever have a season's "must have" item, and still have great style. You just have to wear what suits you, what is comfortable, things you like. If you do that, then you are almost certain to look great, no matter what.

took the words out of my mouth...

He reminds me of Alejandro, but Alejandro has a certain tounge-in-cheek to what he wears, he makes it cool (Blu Blockers anyone?). While Brian (or whatever) makes it really trashy and tasteless.

I don't think a high end names make you fashionable. I think fashionable is playing around with it a bit... adding classic peices and adding a bit a flare with a trendy peice. Although, too much is overkill-like in some of the pics above. Fashionable is more creating the look yourself.

He reminds me of that Bobby Trendy, from the Anna Nicole show. Especially with the lip gloss. I don't think designer clothes make you fashionable. Case in point: Jessica Simpson.

fridayfeathers.jpg

I like the shirt and the belt together, the colors. But the pants ruin it and that feather (so inspired by Dior, but poorly pulled off) is sooo crazy, it looks like he tucked a feather pen in his ear.

In answer to the question of this thread, it will be "NO"

As said by so many people before, it's all how you pull it together and how you carry yourself.

I must admit, his blog seems entertaininig though...

* gasp *

My answer will DEFINETLY be " NO ". It's so horrible...
Once one of my aunt wears Dior blue logo top wth jeans and dior logo bag wth the same matching shoes.. I could only shrieked in horror...It's not what you call fashionable and stylist..It's Showing OFF !!!

I would never wanna look like a walking closet..hehehehe

No, and that guys look horrible.... Such a logo/big brand wh*re..... :sick:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Adrianadrima
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->