How often do you buy designer clothes?

Once every few months I might buy one or two pieces, it just depends what I want/see when I go shopping

I buy some designer, but only from ebay. I`m a sucker for a bargain. It`s pretty risky though, but I try to find reliable sellers.

My best bargain was to get a short Missoni (raspberry) sweater for 38$, while other listing that was on ebay was selling it for 300$. :flower:

I dont know if it counts, but I also try to buy some small designer labels, that you can only find in one country and maybe only one city (usually capital), handmade items that are great quality.

I don't unless it is at Nordstrom Rack because I can't get to any good sample sales...I got a Burberry swim top for $16, a Laundry by Shelli Segal dress for $25 (originally $430), and of course my YSL and Gucci sunglasses, at $50 and $60 respectively. Not to mention I barely make any money and I would rather get to work to make more money than get a designer piece. Besides I'm not really going out of the house besides work

Since I can't really invest in designer bags and shoes due to my no-leather and suede policy, sunglasses are my big investment. My dream is to get the Gucci Flora or Zebra horsebit sunglasses.

If I could afford it, I would buy designer bags and shoes (maybe an irresistable clothing piece). It makes more sense to me to buy timeless pieces such as sunglasses, jackets, and bags that can go from one season to the next..

As a student on a budget, I'll stick to designer fragrances and makeup, and when they do lines for Target!! :D

^ Yep.

I buy designer clothes farrr too frequently. Im trying to pare myself down.

As a student I only ever buy designer clothes from seconds stores or secondhand stores. My reading glasses are CK and my perfumes chanel, but that is all. I'm longing to start working and start buying things that are not discounted or already pre-loved!

I buy designer stuff way too often, especially handbags. In January, I bought two Chanel bags.

I mostly buy very middle-range designers: Diane von Furstenberg, Ella Moss (bought a dress today), Rachel Pally, Marc by Marc Jacobs, etc.

I'll make a really big splurge about every two months or so -- otherwise I keep it reasonable!

I buy some designer clothes, but I must admit that I sometimes get disappointed with the quality. Often it isn't better at all than high end brands. However I have some Alberta Ferretti, Marc Jacobs, Burberry Prorsum, Chloe and Michael Kors pieces which I love, but I love also my DvF, Sara Berman, Gharani Strok and Malene Birger. And I think that H&M sometimes make some fantastic pieces.

Zarina said:
I buy some designer clothes, but I must admit that I sometimes get disappointed with the quality. Often it isn't better at all than high end brands.
That's why I mostly buy clothes from midrange manufacturers like Ralph Lauren, Lyle&Scott, Acne and Tiger of Sweden. The usually offer best value in terms of design, quality, fit and design. Once in a while I do buy high fashion designer products but very rarely. Although some of the garments I have seen are very beautiful they are waaaaaaay over priced. There is just no way that I would want to pay 800 euro for a cardigan or 1700 euro for a trench coat.

Gleam said:
I buy designer stuff way too often, especially handbags. In January, I bought two Chanel bags.

I mostly buy very middle-range designers: Diane von Furstenberg, Ella Moss (bought a dress today), Rachel Pally, Marc by Marc Jacobs, etc.

I'll make a really big splurge about every two months or so -- otherwise I keep it reasonable!

OOOOHHH I HATE U!!!! no Im just kidding...but I would like to know what you do for a living, if you dont mind me asking..

I have never purchased a designer garment. This is for two reasons; no own income; not enough shops that sell designer clothes available in this country. My goal is to buy expensive clothes if they have good quality and therefore cost a lot, but I don't want to get into buying designer items only because it has status.

these days, except for t shirts, i pretty much only buy designer cloth--they fit SO MUCH better than the more commericial brands. I noticed that designer cloth don't really change in length with sizes, so the smaller sizes will be slim as opposed to small. for outerwear and more tailored and unique pieces, I think designer cloth are actually worth the money. However, the more basic items like the t-shirts, hoodies, and jeans that Dior Homme has put out recently are totally not worth the money.

I am a student and my parents support me so usually i buy designer clothes during the summer when my parents don't have to pay for school so they can afford to spend a bit more on my clothes.

I hope in the future I can buy more designer goods when I get a career started but right now I have Anna Sui platforms, a betsey johnson dress, hudson and Frankie B jeans, and a bag bythe indie designer Sobella. I recently won $1000 for a fashion design competition I was the winner of, so I bought Louboutin heels.They ended up being too small though so I sold them. I plan to buy them again though.

most of my clothes are labels sold at barney's co-op (love phillip lim/alexander wang), but i do have some designer shoes (bought them on sale though - expensive shoes...ARE better) and a tiny vivienne westwood purse (gift from mom). i really want designer bags! i'm still in university so i don't really have the money to pay for a $1000+ bag. my friends think i spend too much money on clothes but i feel that i buy one particular expensive item rather than 20 shirts from some store in the local mall. i'm more selective now, and i'm sure my clothes will last longer. i like going to h&m for accessories though, and i like to shop at zara and club monaco too

I don't really much designer stuff..I will get it at a bargain price if at all. Maybe off ebay or overstock.com or something..but I question the authenticity sometimes.

Trista, I don't do the leather or suede either...or silk, cashmere, angora, wool..etc..
too bad 'cause I saw a pair of really pretty pink pastel slacks by Lanvin in the thrift shop for $5.00 :shock: they were 50% silk 50% cotton. But they had some pen marks on them so I wasn't too sad.

I really do have more fun at thrift stores. But for nice classic items, I would rather buy from J Crew, 4th & Towne, Macy's, Nordstrom Rack (of course lol) and shops of the like. Nice quality, not too crazy on the prices. I'm fresh out of college and I just got my first apartment by myself. I haven't quite grasped the idea of budgeting but I do make sure to pay all my bills and then go shopping.

Last edited by a moderator:
I buy lesser known designer pieces about once a month from boutiques (designers like Corey Lynn Calter, Foley, Voom) and more known designers (mostly just Diane von Furstenberg) about once every couple of months. Designer handbags are once a year (for my birthday) since they're quite expensive.

I never purchase designer sunglasses, I lose them way too often, so I can't justify spending over $200 for glasses I will lose in a month's time. :-p

Designer shoes I only purchase maybe a few times a year and that's from the Neiman Marcus clearance center, so I have gotten some amazing deals on Prada sandals and Christian Louboutin flats.

I splurge every couple months, or on holidays, if i absolutely have to have something. Otherwise, i look for bargains on ebay or at outlet stores (luckily for me, the saks, barney's, and nordstrom outlets are all within 20 minutes of my house).

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MaryJC
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->