Dolce & Gabbana rapped over knife ad

kissmesweet said:
I love these ads though... But someone always find something offensive.

Ahem....yeah , like your avatar! MODS, please do something about kissmesweet's avatar!!! I'm very offended!!! :judge: :lol:

Utter bollocks, how incredibly stupid. And the new ads are in the mags right now, so why issue a statement when the old ones will never be published again in mags

That's just completely riddiculous. I mean, I wouldn't find the ads "violent" in way. Yes, the ads do get annoying from time to time (the repeating of models, fifteen girls always in the advertisements) but the f/w 2006 ads weren't at all that bad. I can understand how some britians would be offended by what it represents, but that's no reason to complain. o.O

What!? These were my favorite ads of the season! (And I hate Dolce & Gabbana!)

That's so stupid! I think the ads are beautiful and dramatic, not violence-glorifying!

What's there to worry about now anyways, this seasons ads are fading into the background while the new ads are out. Banning them at this time (article stated Jan 10, 2007) is useless since they won't be running anymore.

^ I know, so pointless. :lol:

I wonder what these people will say about the s/s campaign, though. No dangerous weapons this time, but the "g*ngb*ng" ad with the guy pressing Shannan to the ground is quite provocative...

dolcegabbana.it

The rest are pretty harmless, though, so I guess it'll slip by the general public.

How silly! I happened to love those ads, especially the one with Ines holding a knife to another model's throat.I thought that it was sexy and cool, not offensive. :rolleyes:

xmodel citizen said:
How silly! I happened to love those ads, especially the one with Ines holding a knife to another model's throat.I thought that it was sexy and cool, not offensive. :rolleyes:
The one u mention about happened to be my favorite among those eds.:P
There are always some people complaining about little details with their prejudices. Sometimes it's best to ignore those ridiculous opinions.

i'm not really sure about who said this...but anyway the thing goes something like: when one says something, always someone will be offendedby his words. This basically means that if noone is angry at what you said, you didnt say a thing. Advertisment is meant to be controversial, and these ads were too. anyway the people who banned D&G are, as it has been said in this post jsut bored and have nothing else to do!

I regard causing serious and widespread offence as my inviolable civil liberty...
I hope that this comment wasn't meant to be sarcastic because i completely agree...

The people who take offense to ads such as this should just get over it... or stop looking at fashion magazines.

WOW.. People Complain About EVERYTHING.. I Remember Working For Dolce & Gabbana When The Whole "PUBIC JEANS" Came Out.. Remember That One.. Where The Jeans Where Sooo Looooow Alll You Saw Was The Nasty BUSH Of Pubic Hair. The Phones Were Blowing UPPPP!!!! With Complaints.. But Guess What? The Phones Werent The Only Things Blowing Up.. So Were My Sales For That WEEK! Jeans ALLL SOLD OUT!

Diorling said:
I only look at D&G for the bodies. Not for inspiration for how to act.

i've always thought that was the point of their ads :lol: they tend to be purely sexual that sometimes teeter on vulgarity ... oh well ... they're not for the puritans

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MiyahG
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->