Dolce & Gabbana Rosary

This is an OLD topic...how did you guys find it?

I always thought that the rosary was D&G sticking two fingers up a the Catholic church, considering what the Catholic church says about them i.e. they're evil sinners who'll rot in hell, it's hardly unjustified.

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Sep 4 2004, 08:57 PM
I always thought that the rosary was D&G sticking two fingers up a the Catholic church
[snapback]356449[/snapback]​
And you hoped to do the same?

Originally posted by strawberry daiquiri@Sep 4 2004, 03:15 PM
And you hoped to do the same?
[snapback]356453[/snapback]​

Not really, I thought it looked cool and didn't think about it too much at that time.

A rosary like a hindu t-shirt or any religious symbol can have personal meaning to the person wearing it even though it's not the meaning you might think... A rosary is only sacred if it holds a special place in your heart, otherwise it's just a few beads and metal. I don't see how you can judge someone for wearing a peace of jewellery. Besides a cross is traditionally a pagan sign and round things are a old sign of sun worship. I don't have any problem with cristians giving these signs their own meaning - bot don't judge people who give it a different meaning than you. I hope I'm making sense and not offending anyone, but this is just my oppinion.

You could all thank Madonna for that craze. Actually the rosary used as jewelry is sooooo 80's. (Madonna). I guess the 80's are back. What next black rubber bracelets?

I would suggest finding a GORGEOUS jewel encrusted Byzantine cross worn with a necklace. You can get the same efffect as a rosary.

By the way I'm Catholic and we don't wear crosses per se, but crucifixes.

Couture_Whore said:
Exactly! I'm Catholic myself, and when I see someone like Britney Spears wearing a bunch around her neck, it makes me so mad! She's the last person who should wearing one! Or if she does wear one, she shouldn't be parading around with it and behaving indecently! The same with Nicole Richie and the tattoo of a rosary around her ankle. I don't think people should be direspecting such a sacred thing.

Britney Spears is one thing.. but Nicole Richie is totally different. Is there really a huge difference between getting a tattoo of a cross and a rosarie? There are TONS of people that get tattoos of crosses because that's how they pay their respects to God. i'm catholic n i went to a catholic school for 10 years and i dont think their's anything wrong w nicole having a tatoo of a rosarie.

Crosses, or crucifixes are really just a shape, they may be special to some people, but its not disrespectful if you just see them as another shape or pattern. Its pretty much the same with rosaries. Either way, neither were originally prominent in Christianity, but have since been introduced as religious symbols.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DPepic
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->