Dolce & Gabbana's Couture Project

agee

Reaction score
From telegraph.co.uk

Dolce & Gabbana to show debut couture collection
BY Bibby Sowray | 28 June 2012

Dolce & Gabbana will present its first-ever couture collection during Haute Couture Fashion Week on July 9, but have chosen to show in Italy as opposed to Paris.

Design duo Domenico Dolce and Stefano Gabbana will show their first-ever couture offering on July 9, but it won't be in Paris.

The duo confirmed rumours that they would be presenting a small debut couture collection during the upcoming onslaught of couture shows to the Financial Times yesterday - but revealed they will show to "a group of clients" in Taormina, Sicily, as opposed to the French capital, which is the home of Haute Couture Fashion Week.

The "group" will include select clients and only three media outlets.

The Financial Times suggest that their choice to show away from the birthplace of couture allows the brand to avoid the "stringent requirements the French couture world imposes on any brand that wants to call itself a full-fledged couture house", whilst allowing them to launch their first collection away from the prying eyes of critics.

The move comes after the brand decided to end their diffusion line, D&G, last September in order to give "even more strength and energy" to their mainline collection, they said in a statement at the time.

Last edited by a moderator:
To give "even more strength and energy"
Uhhh okay, Stefano and Domenico
Lol

well their finally peaces used to b really amazing b4 they got all ITALIAN. hopefully they do a good hc collection
Posted via Mobile Device

I'm really hoping it looks anything like the Fall 2006-2007 period, cause those were my favorite years of theirs. Or fall 2004-2005 when they were hooked on the 60's and 70's. If its like overdone versions of their usual Sicilian crap I swear I'll throw my computer out the window :angry:

I just hope it's not glittery lace. I don't expect nothing new or inoperative from them, but I do have high expectations for red carpet gowns, really miss their show stopping dresses. Hopefully it's something like their FW07/08 finale dresses.

I just hope it's not glittery lace. I don't expect nothing new or inoperative from them, but I do have high expectations for red carpet gowns, really miss their show stopping dresses. Hopefully it's something like their FW07/08 finale dresses.

Oh, I hope so too! Those gowns were so stunning!

I see the preview of this show since S/S 2010. It's private but don't have nothing new.

If it looks anything like what they have been regurgitating for recent seasons, they should keep it private, VERY private.

"To give 'even more strength and energy'" LOL! Can someone please show Domenico and Stefano to their seats?

I knew it would happen, totally predictable.
tumblr_lsj6lxOikJ1qbs8fs.gif

dare-to-define-me@tumblr

So does anybody have any ideas what time we should expect to see/hear anything from the actual presentation? I'm cautiously curious about it. D&G duo can be a lot of fun, if they would only snap out of this one-note rot they've been swimming in lately.

I actually look forward to it. Does anyone know if there will be a livestream?

Honestly, I'm not impressed at all with what've been posted already.
But I really like the front row. :lol:

It's the same **** from their previous collections, might as well just add them to the end of their collections. The looks on everyone who is in the front row says it all.

People at fashion shows are rarely paying attention. Especially front row people who have already seen it.

isn't this EXACTLY what they've been doing for few seasons now ???

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't get it:huh:...it's the same and the same and then the same.....I've seen more couture in its previous collections. Boring and UNNECESSARY collection!!!!

I give up on them. This is absolutely pointless and ridiculous. Firs this is exactly what they've been presenting for the last 2 years and I'm sure we'll see it again in September.
5 years ago if somebody told me they'd do a couture like collection, I wouldd've gone head over heels because even if their collections weren't always perfect their final dresses were always showstopping. Who can forget the incredible gowns from the Napoleon collection or the silver S&M dresses. Seriously they keep feeding us with that sicilian inspiration over and over and over and oooooooooooover again. But they need to realized we all passed the indegestion phase a long time ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jozwiakanja
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->