Dries Van Noten F/W 2024.25 Paris

Those golden astroturf wedges are so urgent. Love the goat hair bags. Not crazy about those large top handles.

Thanks @susseinmcswanny for the detail shots, they are beautiful.
I love his collections, the colours are just so unique in his own way.
But his stuffs are so expensive now and I just don't know why they have to do the satin pants?? I understand the design process with fabric and colour, but why??????:band:

Oh man this is beautiful. He is giving women all these beautiful coats and jackets with amazing shapes, proportions, colours. That lime (pastel?) green coat (look 18) is breathtaking! The lapel, the way it is belted, proportions. Perfection.

The flaws are all the odd styling tricks and these sheer tops.

If I was a rich woman, I would be burning my credit card on his boutique. :buzz:

Really good colours as usual, also looks very Dries, that is good. However, those bags are hideous, and this would be quite difficult to integrate without already having lots of Dries…

I can do w/o the fur & that whole contorted-couture styling moves, but all in all, an admirable collection indeed. You won't look like an idiot or a hooker in his collections, ever. I'm loving the satin coat w/ the denim sleeves. I'm also happy to see him keep the bold prints to a minimum this season. And it's see nice to fall/winter clothes in an actual fall/winter collection. Great shoes, too.

And good usage of a Sade track for the show...always music to my ears.

Last edited:
this is so beautiful and maybe my favourite collection this season. So many covetable pieces, and the colours are perfection. I want it all!

Even if I slowly but surely lost my initial interest in DVN's collections, this one doesn't hurt my eyes for sure. Even feeling kind of peacefully relieved looking at those looks. Things I like among things I like less. Quite a little tiny bonus, these days (remaining optimistic at this minute).

But everytime I read the name of Dries van Noten, I can't not think about Russell Marsh, when he was in charge of the casting there. Can't remember how it happened but I happened to share a ciggie-smoking-break with him in front of the place the show was about to start. I asked him "are they some exclusive model bookings for the show?" and he looked at me with eyes wide open answering "exclusives? No. At Dries?". A few seasons (or even less) later, exclusives became the key word for every show, small or bigger. That sounds like a small anectdotical thingy but the same pattern applies to many aspects of collection shows now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Openfall
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->