Dries Van Noten Homme S/s 2005

:heart: :heart: :heart:
men in skirts.....

my fave collection... :flower:

thanks for the pics...mr-dale

i always love the way dries uses colour... :flower:

and the white shirt and tie under the plaid suit is nice and subtle... :heart:

Oh yes...I love this!! Everything is well-balanced...including those skirts. Actually,as you say Soft,they're so very simple in shape,fabric etc., I could definitely see a man wearing those pieces with ease and comfort. Perhaps,this collection will begin to open a few minds up since I feel many trust what Dries does.

and.....

and....

i think that some off the models are wearing clogs... :P

:innocent:

i think i might need a pair of clogs...

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:11 pm
and.....

and....

i think that some off the models are wearing clogs... :P

:innocent:

i think i might need a pair of clogs...
You saw that correctly! I like this collection....very not-over the top and very wearable....men in skirts - or now kilts - look good on the runwaym but I don't think it will hit the streets...

i saw a guy on the street wearing a kilt the other day...in downtown manhattan...he looked great...

i took a picture when he wasn't looking... :P

if i had a scanner i'd post it... :( :wacko:

Originally posted by softgrey@Jul 4th, 2004 - 6:24 pm
i saw a guy on the street wearing a kilt the other day...in downtown manhattan...he looked great...

i took a picture when he wasn't looking... :P

if i had a scanner i'd post it... :( :wacko:
Lol, yeah I see it too sometimes...but that's mostly the goth/alternatove people who are totally taking over our countrt lately :P

(including my father :lol: )

this guy wasn't freaky or silly...he was a middle aged guy and he was just waiting to cross the street...

i was seriously impressed... B)

I think its a little narrow to typecast men wearing skirts as a purely goth/punk culture.

I think as it keeps becoming,not necessarily a trend,but a romanticized focus in menswear men will start to adapt to this kind of stuff more.

i seriously dont like the short kiltss.. and the tartan trend is a bit too much..
but i wont be too quick losing faith in my darling Dries,
i need to see more -something more interesting than just this :unsure:

thanks for the topic and the photos guys :flower:

Originally posted by Scott@Jul 5th, 2004 - 4:28 am
I think its a little narrow to typecast men wearing skirts as a purely goth/punk culture.

That's not what I'm doing, just to set that straight. But it is true that where I live, most of the people who where anything that looks like a kilt is someone alternative/gothic. That doesn't mean that I'm narrowing it down, because I'm fully aware that that's not true, I'm just facing the facts, that's all... :wink:

Dries Van Noten: A Harry Potter Happening
By Godfrey Deeny
July 05, 2004 @ 12:50 PM - Paris

This show felt like a hit even before the first look appeared on the runway, thanks to a rather wonderful set.

Show producer Etienne Russo built a series of cool gentleman’s club spaces with leather arm chairs, table lamps and vanity tables where guests were served Johnny Walker or dry gin and tonic. The setting was ideal for the Harry Potter moment that unfolded as Dries van Noten played with Scottish baronial chic and androgynous style.

“I was thinking of Harry Potter of course, but also of those English royals and their mastery of plaid,” said Dries after the show in the Ecole des Beaux Arts.

Tartans, in the dominant over-sized prints of this season, were the key of this collection; seen on linen shirt/jackets, super skinny ties, waspish shorts and great kilts. Van Noten effectively invented a new garment a mid-length cargo kilt fitted out with large exterior pockets, so Scottish hipsters can keep their hands free while carrying a cell phone, I Pod, digital camera and Palm Pilot.

The designer also was spot on with his jacket style, a curvy, though snug short jacket cut off at the hip and high at the arm pit.

As guests downed their whiskey coca, forty or so models circumnavigated the club’s rooms. One would give this show an unqualified rave except for the music – what was :blink: Britney Spears’ Toxic during in this tony club, when all that was needed was a Highland piper in a cargo kilt.

from fwd

Felt he could have done better...

Definitely not getting my vote...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ebbbbty
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->