Dries Van Noten Menswear S/S 2025 Paris

One of my favorite designer. I have only one dress from him (vintage from 90s), when I showed my mother she told me - really beautiful. I love his men collection ss 2015 and fw 2011 one of the best men collections in fashion history. Moreover, I have always admired his way of running a company and not stooping to a certain level. I also always liked that he just wanted to make beautiful clothes.

Loved it! I’m already eyeing some pieces that i want.

I can say that Dries is the only designer that made a huge impact on my personal style/taste so it’s a bittersweet feeling. Best wishes to him and his future endeavors.
I hope they hire someone who respects Dries and its customers.

I was thinking about his exit and what would be the best way to say goodbye. After watching this show I have to say that Dires did the best exit he could do ... just Dries doing his best! Perfect colours, amazing print, unexpected details. Simplisity in it's best form. Quiet luxury. That what I will remember about him. Too bad he wont pleasure us with more creations! All the best Dries!

Ps. I wish his last collection was a womenswear show. He would pleasure us with much much more than this. 😉

What a beautiful last show. I was entranced by everything, from the foil butterflies that shifted every so often as the models moved down the runway to Bowie's monologue and the gradual building of 'Sound & Vision'. A truly tasteful tribute to Dries' legacy portrayed by a wonderfully curated cast by PGM.

I'm not usually so much of a fan of when he goes full on bright/colourful/neon but it feels modern and simply right to celebrate decades of excellent clothes making with all the silvers, sheers and decadent details. Even the bright pink neon trench looks desirable, although I think my favourite pieces are perhaps the white hooded top on Malik, the simpler black suits and the closing coat.

Thank you Dries for all you've done for fashion. I'll never forget dropping my first serious amount of cash on one of the batik shirts from the S/S 2010 collection and then wearing out a grey top with black striped sleeves to the point where it doesn't fit me anymore. I don't necessarily get as many compliments when I wear his clothes as I might when I ironically wear something mass market/high street, but perhaps that's a compliment, that his pieces are subtle and blend in so well for everyday life. Not everyone can understand the quality he delivers but I will definitely miss his regular input in the industry :flower::heart:.

The two embroidered bombers and the white and gold parka are mine, and I am willing to fight you all in an octogon for them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
avann
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->