Dries Van Noten Shoes

please credit your pictures

I dont know about the quality of Dries shoes, but the seller seems to have answered your question already...:flower:

Dries shoes are excellent quality,but if you walk a lot you will require more arch support and a more cushioned sole than those extremely flat shoes will provide.

They are a little torn up for $85. Like, on thier last legs. They are VERY cute though, Im loving the croc in the footbed.

very cute but totally worn :(

however comfy a make of shoes might be... flats and specially these flats (hard sole) rarely are :smile:

i'm a huge dries van noten fan, but their shoes are not comfortable. the instep is always a little too shallow.

thought i might revive this thread...how do the Dries Van Noten shoes fit? Are they comfortable? I'm considering purchasing the gold pumps from last season online. It seems DVN is a tad more expensive than the other shoes I have - MJ, Costume National, Miu Miu...just wondering if they'd be worth it. And I'm not able to try on any because I haven't seen any stores selling DVN shoes here in Melbourne.

I have the ankle boots from this season and they ran a half size or so small. In my experierence DVN summer runs large and DVN winter runs small.

Dries Van Noten sizing?

SO i want to get some DVN platform shoes, but ive never owned any shoes from DVN, is it true to size?
thanks

maybe I can help. as a given I generally wear a 36.5 barefoot sandal and 37 in shoes or boots. since Dries tends to run smaller in winter than summer I went up to a 37.5 this winter.

Dries summer shoes for this season are running more true to size than winter did. for the black wedge sneaker I bought a size 37 and they are perfect barefoot or with a thin sock, so they run true, maybe a stitch roomy. the pointed sneaker with the heel I heard runs very small and you need to size up a whole size for those (but I didn't try them on so can't say for sure). the strappy platforms are true to size so I bought a 37. for the slingbacks I bought a 36 since I like my heel to hit just at the end of the sole.

style.com
butter
halo.com

Attachments

• 00340m.jpg
    00340m.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 1
  • DVN_8479.jpg
    DVN_8479.jpg
    12.2 KB · Views: 104
  • dvn1.jpg
    dvn1.jpg
    20.2 KB · Views: 104
Last edited by a moderator:
I have a pair of slingback sandal wedges and they are 38.5...I'm usually a 37.5.

I usually go up half a size or even one size for DVN's shoes, they tend to run smaller

thought I would post some of the choices so far this season. I'm sure there will be many more to come.

the ugly, the not so bad and the good :flower:

headstartshoes.com

Attachments

• 9931BlackKneeBootsole.jpg
    9931BlackKneeBootsole.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 526
  • 9920BlackRed Flowersole.jpg
    9920BlackRed Flowersole.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 526
  • 9763MultiBoot.jpg
    9763MultiBoot.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 1
I was wondering if there was a DVN shoe thread! Thanks for posting lucky :smile:

I love these for f/w....

00500m.jpg

00430m.jpg

Although, I am not sure how practical they will be in NY :unsure:

One of my favorite pairs are these from s/s 08....

00330m.jpg

All pics. style.com

you're welcome, mona thanks for posting those. The only issue I had with last season's shoes (and the ones you posted were Stunning IRL) is that the heel was wonky, it was placed in a weird way that made balance a challenge. this season the heels seems much more manageable.

You are completely correct about last season's, lucky. I actually have the beaded pair. I couldn't pass them up. They are just too beautiful (plus, I got them on super sale!)....
What does help is the platform under the ball of the foot. I find adding this platform makes a world of difference. What also helps is the heaviness of the beading and the thick ankle straps. At least when wearing them, I feel secure..... more so than other DVNs I tried on from s/s 08.
I do hope this season is better, but have yet to try a pair on.

^ Did anyone get or try on those beaded shoes? I assumed they would be super-heavy, but maybe he made it work ...

has anyone seen these fall 08shoes in store yet?...
they remind me of last year's wedge, which i sort of wish i had gotten...
though i never did find the style that i was looking for....
even on my trip to europe...
*so annoying...:angry:....:lol:...
catwalking.com

Attachments

• diesaw080766ly1.jpg
    diesaw080766ly1.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 19
You are completely correct about last season's, lucky. I actually have the beaded pair. I couldn't pass them up. They are just too beautiful (plus, I got them on super sale.

Oh, I am so insanely jealous! The beaded DVN are my dream shoes, and I seemed to have missed out everywhere I knew stocked them (I couldn't find them anywhere in Australia! :cry: )

If for some reason you ever decide to part with them and are a 38 or 38.5 (I hear they run small, is that true?), let me know, haha! :P

i am normally a 39/40 in shoes but there is a pair that I want of his that are a 40.5..do you think these will be too big? cause these are final sale..

Imelanie, IMO fall shoes tend to run smaller than summer for Dries. if its a closed toe shoe that isnt a pump (something you could "walk" out of) then I would go for the 40.5.

which shoe is it? did you see that gimme shoes has a bunch for sale...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
modeket
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->