14.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 8
  • 15.JPG
    15.JPG
    69.5 KB · Views: 8
  • 16.JPG
    16.JPG
    71.2 KB · Views: 12
thank you runner, his work reaches right down into the core. what you posted exemplifies the emotional connection between Dries-the venues, the garments-Clients

the experience that his clothing isnt worn simply on top of the body as much as its another layer of form and expression comes through clearly.

Dries Van Noten, Gijs Frieling and Job Wouters discuss their collaboration for the Dries Van Noten Men's Collection Autumn-Winter 2012/13

A young Dries w/ the rest of the Anterwerp Six..He has aged extremely gracefully, if I do say so myself.
(src: visitflanders.co.uk)

Attachments

• antwerp-six.jpg
    antwerp-six.jpg
    212.7 KB · Views: 47
"Dries Van Noten par Editions de Parfums Frédéric Malle"

The Belgian designer's first unisex fragrance in collaboration with perfumer Bruno Jovanovic is a saffron-heavy offering featuring sandalwood, guaiac wood, cashmeran, tonka bean, vanilla, saffron, jasmine and musk.

Available in Dries Van Noten stores and selected perfume retailers worldwide this month.

644446_10151290160897831_1487934449_n.jpg

*facebook.com/amagazinecuratedby

i guess dries held out as long as he could joining the fragrance market. luckily this is a collaborative effort(in essence probably more a concept endeavour) with one of the best parfum chemists in the world in frederic malle....guaranteed authenticity.

luckily this is a collaborative effort(in essence probably more a concept endeavour) with one of the best parfum chemists in the world in frederic malle....guaranteed authenticity.

Definitely. Not ashamed to admit, I will be investigating and likely purchasing it. Thanks for the info!

^me too! it really seems very classic dries with exotic but natural elements. to be honest i've been so married to my boudicca wode,i could use a bit of a change up now and then.

^ and he mentioned tFS...as a source of feedback to his work.

OMG Dries if you're reading this, I was kidding when I said the Fall collection was kinda boring! I love you! :angel:

A nice mention - the only problem with it is the assumption that everyone writing here is a) a girl and b) a teenager. I don't think that's right at all.

i dunno if he really meant it quite as generally as that. i think he just meant how the nature of reviewing and opinions has become so accessible these days.

but that's really wonderful. a lot of designers look at the spot i have to tell you (:wink:),so it's no surprise that even one as established as dries would too.

thanks for posting the interview...
:flower:
yeah- i think that is a general reference to fashion bloggers, who are overwhelmingly teenage girls ...
in addition to reading the fashion spot...
just talking about all the different stuff available on the internet these days and how it's so different than it used to be...

no one should really be surprised that people look at the fashion spot anymore...imo
it's been around for years and everyone is online now, so people clearly look at it...
whether they respect it or care about it is another thing...
but the forums definitely are just another thing on the internet now, and not such a weird or unusual thing anymore...
:P

i was most interested in his talking about how they didn't do advertising because they didn't have money and they didn't move to Paris because they didn't have money...etc etc...
just about how it was in the beginning...
i thought he was very open and honest about some very practical early business decisions...
which i think a lot of people have interpreted differently and romanticized over the years...

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chikirin
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->