Thom Browne Menswear

Yes, but if so in that same atomic-era style...he wants his man's wardrobe to consist of a "uniform."

Yes, but if so in that same atomic-era style...he wants his man's wardrobe to consist of a "uniform."

Ah yes, I see what you mean. There's something about his vision that's a bit totalitarian and regimented, it leaves little room for interpretation. I'm not sure if that is a good thing.

Me neither... it seems as if either you 'go' with it or you don't... I also find it very difficult to see his clothes outside the context that he creates them in... it doesn't leave too many choices for individual interpretation :/

Me neither... it seems as if either you 'go' with it or you don't... I also find it very difficult to see his clothes outside the context that he creates them in... it doesn't leave too many choices for individual interpretation :/

I totally disagree. I think this is where most people get the brand confused. I mean, yea, he intends it to be worn a certain way but you can definitely wear it however you want. This is where personal style and confidence come in to play. I wear his button down shirts and pants all the time and I wear them all sorts of different ways.

Man, I really want to get one of his polo s/s shirts...those are excellent.

Are you in NYC right now or next week?

BG has the ones from last s/s out (not on sale).

Are you in NYC right now or next week?

BG has the ones from last s/s out (not on sale).

This week! I'll pm you. :smile:

I stopped by BG and was wishing the SS07 items were on sale. I really wanted one of those cardigans and the polos, they are amazing.

Oh what the Hell....let's go out with a bang!
Thom Browne suit
Thom Browne shirt
Thom Browne tie
Thom Browne armband
Cloak black suede/grey canvas oxfords
(no umbrella used; but, would have been a nice touch)
goicolea001.jpg

goicolea003.jpg

man how u gone wear no sox like it's the summertime?

re:individuality, did u guys miss the memo? why do u think all the suits fit the same?

nothing other than knits and suits? damn man u tellin me them shirts aint woven?

i must be gettin stoops cause i dont even understand what u guys r tlkin bout no more.

Thom Browne cashmere cardigan
American Apparel grey thermal
Louis Vuitton jeans
Church's longwing Ouston model (Custom Grade)
Longines vintage Mystery Dial
pru.jpg

pru001.jpg

(glad I saw these in the flash, I need to wipe them down)
pru002.jpg

sorry to bring back a thread, but i didn't to open up another one in the shopping forum before someone scolds me again:cry:

i was wondering what are the hours to the store in Hudson st
and ARE THEY HAVING A SALE THERE TOO?

well i was at BG and they had some of his stuff
and i kinda of liked it. it looked great on me.B)
srsly, and i'm looking for a light gray suit and i've been told he's the man to talk to. so yeah.

They try not to put anything on sale at the Tribeca studio. But, if they do it isn't as good as Bergdorf/Barneys.

The hours are roughly 11-6.

Read a blurb on The Cut that neither Thom's line or his Black Fleece collection haven't been doing all that well.

Very curious, where does he get his backing from?

Funny because Black Fleece from what I hear is doing very well. They are opening a Black Fleece store in Greenwhich Village and have signed him on for a few more seasons.

i passed by the store at Hudson on Sunday.
wasn't opened
and they didn't seem to carry much, seemed more like an office.

personally i think they charge WAY WAYYYYYTOOOO MUCHHHHH

in some cases double what other labels who have been around way longer would charge.

i would only purchase it at sale prices.
it's the only way i could afford it:doh:

i love the pants (shorter pants until the ankle) its starting to be prominent here in the Philippines again. but it was already eminent here in the 60s i guess but washed out

Thom Browne Launches Thom Grey Capsule Collection

Y2H3E.jpg

This Fall 2012 season, New York designer Thom Browne will launch the Thom Grey Capsule Collection. The goal is for the lower price point line to attract a younger consumer.
Thom Grey will be available later this month at retailers including Barneys New York, Harrods, the Galleria in Seoul and I.T boutiques in Hong Kong and Beijing. These stores have exclusives on the collection for one year in their respective cities.
Retail prices will include outerwear for $795 to $1,100, jackets from $725 to $1,000, trousers for $325 to $550, knits from $450 to $600 and cotton oxford shirts starting at $195.
We are very excited to see what the collection will look like. Prices are clearly still rather high, but also way below his main collection. Hopefully we can soon show you the full collection.

- HIGHSNOBIETY.COM

Any thoughts about Thom Browne?

As a die hard Thom Browne fan, I'm interested to know how other fashion savvies value thom browne and his design and his impact in reshaping modern menswear^_^
Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
d1rtb4g
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->