Dsquared2 Mens S/S 10 Milan

their shows are a hoot with eye candy, that's it and that's why i love to see their shows lol.

the opener is such a butterface.... :lol:

hahah awww! i think marlon's cute!

but i think dean and dan need to get back to what they do best, fitted and perfectly tailored suits. i dont quite love the canadian mountain-man look

This collection is easy to dismiss. Nothing spectacular, here.

Lots of jeans, plaid shirts, jackets...and bright colors. YAWN.

I'm still waiting for Comme Des Garcons homme Plus collection......at least with that collection..it's never predictable.

I'm taking a wild guess for D2....next season for Fall. They'll probably use Construction Workers or Firemen as their next inspiration...or perhaps...the should put every gay stereotype into 1 singular collection....and cast the models as The Village People??

so great

Dsquared2+Milan+Fashion+Week+Menswear+2010+HgKpiP1jqk1l.jpg

zimbio

This collection is easy to dismiss. Nothing spectacular, here.

Lots of jeans, plaid shirts, jackets...and bright colors. YAWN.

I'm still waiting for Comme Des Garcons homme Plus collection......at least with that collection..it's never predictable.

I'm taking a wild guess for D2....next season for Fall. They'll probably use Construction Workers or Firemen as their next inspiration...or perhaps...the should put every gay stereotype into 1 singular collection....and cast the models as The Village People??

:rofl:

gay men do have more disposable income for designer goods than most demographic groups. without that money, i doubt dsquared2 would exist. i see no harm in them catering to that market. michael kors certainly does the same with his womenswear line.

I like it!
:lol:

I love the outdoors theme. It's wacky and fun and that's what Dsquared is all about!
^_^

I kind of noticed that too, even though the only thing I owned by Dsquared2 was an incredibly cheesy and ridiculously fashion-victimy T-shirt with a giant Dsquared2 logo printed on the front chest, which was a gift from a good friend. Since there's almost no one around me in this mid-west town knowing anything about them, I have been wearing this T-shirt a lot, I mean for more than 5 years. It's still in perfect shape right now. I also kept hearing stories about the good fitting and nice tailoring of their clothes. Right now, YOOX has lots of previous seasons stuff from them, and if you take a close look at the pictures on YOOX, some of the items indeed look like well-thought and well-constructed, and also very very easy to wear. I guess that does explain why they have been around for a while and their business seems to be in quite decent shape, no matter what kinds of embarassingly cheesy runway shows they put up season after season.

I am actually quite tempted to get one or two pieces of Dsqaured2 on YOOX once they start their final mark-down for the Spring and Summer stuff.:P

no matter the theme, they continue to produce staple pieces of great quality that find themselves accessible to most men. .

The models are GORGEOUUUSSS!!! And I'm so happy there are so many shirtless outfits xD, but the collection is boooooooring. I love what they do for women but for men they suck.

gay men do have more disposable income for designer goods than most demographic groups. without that money, i doubt dsquared2 would exist. i see no harm in them catering to that market. michael kors certainly does the same with his womenswear line.

As a gay man myself, I'm fully aware that gay men posess a disposable income. And speaking as a gay man who is 40 years old, that realization was discovered by me a looooong time ago. Bluntly speaking...gay men (stereotypicly) have fewer financial obligations in comparrison to the heterosexul community.

As far as this particular collection from DSquared (or previous collections)..my aforementioned comment wasn't exclusively based upon one's income...moreso, it pertained to social stereotypes within the gay commuinty.

Essentially...what my comment was trying to establish was a lack of originality within the DSquared collection. Both designers in particular blantantly perpetuate these cliches, which I find to be a bit tacky...a bit over-done...and also...very sexist.

I see the usual overpriced jumpers with little that I fancy this time unlike with most of their collections which often have some considerable number of items that I like.

Theyre so lame. They barely do a decent menswear show. The clothes are pathetic. The styling is shocking and the themes are ridiculous.

Also...since we're upon the subject of typical gay cliches and stereotypical norm's....I have another suggestable collection for DSquared...here goes.

Why not play with the cliche of gay male hairstylists.

Considering you have a passion and strong belief in supporting and encouraging stereotypes within the gay community...lets dedicate a future collection attributed to that aspiration.

The runway models can all be cast with an assorment of different hairstyles,...such as a bee-hive hairdoo from the 1950....a mop-top like the Beatles during the 1960s.....an afrocentic hairstyle that exploits the black community...a militant flat-top, etc etc.

Some of the models can carry within their hands a curling iron....a blow-dryer...bottles of shampoo...and hairgel.

Some of the quirky and tongue-in-cheek t-shirts could have slogans like...."I'm Not Afraid To Cut A *itch" with a picture of a pair of scissors....or...."I Like Giving Head & Shoulders Shampoo..To My Clients".

I think it's a brilliant suggestion for a future collection, no?? Maybe Dan $ Dean do not find that image of the gay male as masculine enough for a future collection.

I kind of noticed that too, even though the only thing I owned by Dsquared2 was an incredibly cheesy and ridiculously fashion-victimy T-shirt with a giant Dsquared2 logo printed on the front chest, which was a gift from a good friend. Since there's almost no one around me in this mid-west town knowing anything about them, I have been wearing this T-shirt a lot, I mean for more than 5 years. It's still in perfect shape right now. I also kept hearing stories about the good fitting and nice tailoring of their clothes. Right now, YOOX has lots of previous seasons stuff from them, and if you take a close look at the pictures on YOOX, some of the items indeed look like well-thought and well-constructed, and also very very easy to wear. I guess that does explain why they have been around for a while and their business seems to be in quite decent shape, no matter what kinds of embarassingly cheesy runway shows they put up season after season.

I am actually quite tempted to get one or two pieces of Dsqaured2 on YOOX once they start their final mark-down for the Spring and Summer stuff.:P

agree. their stuff arent all that bad actually. and who is to say that somebody who wears all prada is necessarily more intellectual than somebody who is in all dsquared?

i am personally a margiela fan, (half or more of my warerobe is now margiela)
but i am not necessarily artsy or anything, but i do like his aesthetics very much.That said, there are times when i do like to buy dsquared too, because of their rather good qality basics like simple striped blazers, shorts, shirts. they do have nice whimsical, cheeky details colour combinations, and of course, rather easy (no-brainer, if you like :flower:) to wear too. their fit does it for me too, i dont swarm in them like most other designer stuff will do to me.:doh:

As a gay man myself...what my comment was trying to establish was a lack of originality within the DSquared collection. Both designers in particular blantantly perpetuate these cliches, which I find to be a bit tacky...a bit over-done...and also...very sexist.

we can agree that this collection lacks the originality of a collection from commes des garcons (by rei kawakubo) or dior homme (by hedi slimane) or gareth pugh or other designers concerned with the more notional aspects of fashion. however, dsquared2 NEVER even gestured at becoming that type of house. dsquared2 found a niche no longer addressed by a maturing dolce and gabbana behemoth and created clothes that -- stereotypically or not -- appeal to a population that has money. that does not mean they buy into any of the "-isms" you project onto them, it just means they recognized a great business opportunity.

for straight men interested in fashion, they're just great one-off t-shirts, jackets, shorts, hats, shirts that allow them to participate in this look without going the abercrombie and fitch route. for gay men interested in fashion, they're wonderful kitshy ways to indulge in larger fashion trends without looking to "fashion-y" on a friday night out.

the things they highlight -- exploit? -- in the gay community aren't the degrading aspects at all unless you choose to see them that way. they are designing from THEIR perspective. they are two gay men so they can choose to translate their identities -- and personal proclivities -- for a profit as creative expression. the female heads of many brands use their identities this way all the time: it's just a point of view.

Ugh, horrible clothes, last season was much better.

Camouflage pants + tops = shoot me in the head right now...

i never buy DSquared of my entire life ...

but whatever i think (we think) about it ... they cannot be labelled 'cheap' (or that isn't the definition i have in mind) ... they do same outfits for the same customers every season. imo they are like every other designers + they are among the few ones who still do REAL RTW - in first sens of RTW !

it's not really the kind of collections that do excite me (except for the casting) but seriously it's time to go over this 'boring, cheap' .... The twins don't do fashion for 'brain workers' everyone knows it !

i never buy DSquared of my entire life ...

but whatever i think (we think) about it ... they cannot be labelled 'cheap' (or that isn't the definition i have in mind) ... they do same outfits for the same customers every season. imo they are like every other designers + they are among the few ones who still do REAL RTW - in first sens of RTW !

it's not really the kind of collections that do excite me (except for the casting) but seriously it's time to go over this 'boring, cheap' ....

:clap:i so agree. plus, for the non-dsquared2 devotee, their outerwear remains one of the biggest secrets in fashion. you can really REALLY create a high fashion look by combining other designers with some of their outerwear stuff....and it ain't cheap.

i must also say they're the only ones i've seen to even attempt to take on those high fishing boots from prada (and every other fishing hole in the world) and bring them down to earth in a fashionable way for men.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SailorMoon1993
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->