Dsquared2

Well my opinion is that it's all hooker gear cheap,trashy,and gross that is just me you of course are very free to think about it like that,but you know that's your opinion and I have mine.

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Dec 1st, 2003 - 5:29 am
I don't think their clohtes are hooker gear, it's just the styling. If you remove all the clothes that came down their SS '04 runway from the models and place them in a store piece by piece and you picked up one you would just think it was a sexy short or vampy top. It just looks like that becuase they had to put all thier clohtes together for the runway - and all their clothes are sexy.
This is very true, igni. We must remember to take clothes like these out of context. However, the way a designer chooses to represent his clothing on a runway and in ads works to develop an overall image for a brand. In their shows and their ad campaigns (spring 2003 with Naomi hosing down nearly naked blonde studs comes to mind), Dean and Dan have consistently thrown in our faces the image of an over-the-top, unabashed sexuality. For some, this is too much. Others enjoy the bawdry looks.

I, for one, don't. Probably because Dsquared doesn't celebrate sexy in the Versace or Cavalli way. The clothes, quite honestly, seem cheap and when I have looked at their stuff in stores, the quality didn't seem to be there. Maybe I'm wrong and a bigger Dsquared fan could fill us in here. But I just don't see anything appealing about their brand.

dsquared looks to pick up the customer left behind when the abercrombie and fitchs of the world started stamping everyone one of their garments with logos...it's trendy, there's no doubt about it, but outside of trend, the clothes are not remarkable.

Not bad, not great.....some of the clothing pieces are good. Hooker-clothes but better, j/k. They're edgy they're fun but not for everyday.

Im a fan of Ds2 , only because their collections has the best styling, when i see their collections i dont see the clothes necessarily but the styling is inspiring. Im not too keen on the spring collection but all in all a little of Ds2 in a conservative closet keeps fashion fun.

:( Would anyone here ' honestly ' want to see Dean and Dan Caton designing the CELINE collections ? Think about it !!! :( regards KIT

yes i've also heard this rumour kit, no, no way keep them out. :sick:

i find their work very boring and mainstream to tears, they seem more like a
mass production streetwear manufacturers than designers to me.. i mean where is the design on those clothes? as for the styling, well, it doesnt help a bit, quite not taking those clothes too far :P

I love dsquared. I just don't usually wear two pieces from the line at once. I guess I think it's okay, but only in moderation.

Thanks for the support LENA :flower: There's ' sophisticated irony ' and there's 'trailer trash ' which i hear is all the rage at the moment in the ' happening ' part of London , fashionwise , Hoxton / Shoreditch . Outre clothes on a woman only work when there is superb design - on a trip to London last year i encountered one of the assistants in the Brompton Road MIYAKE shop wearing an Issey Miyake/Naoki Tasikawa pleated dress with ENORMOUS hip emphasis and despite the fact that this is supposed to be a ' no-no ' for a woman's figure ,this one looked absolutely fabulous , i kid you not . I've only encountered D squared2's clothes for men and they have an homoerotic quality in the manner of Andrew Mackenzie , they are for the very young . From the pictures here the women's line would seem to be somewhat ' piky ' , to use a current term of popular argot. That's imho , however , and others here would no doubt disagree ! regards KIT.

I spoke to a guy from DSquared2 a few weeks back.

He said "DSquared2 is for people who just dont give a f*ck what people think"

I agree on that statement, especially when it comes to the mens range. I have a lot of DSquared clothing but I'm not too keen on the Jeans/Trousers. The X-tra Low rise waist aint my thing.

Also there is talk of a DSquared2 Diffussion Line Next A/W (2004)

Originally posted by Selfridgesworker@Dec 18th, 2003 - 12:26 pm

Also there is talk of a DSquared2 Diffussion Line Next A/W (2004)
well, let me break DSquared the news...they are already a diffusion line 'playing 'it pret-a-porter :lol:

:blink: wondering how more 'diffusion' they can get ??? :shock:

Originally posted by Lena@Dec 18th, 2003 - 4:32 am
:blink: wondering how more 'diffusion' they can get ??? :shock:
I know. :blink: DSquared seems like a label a tad bit higher than most diffusion lines, I mean what's the use? :doh:

Originally posted by PrinceOfCats@Dec 18th, 2003 - 7:16 am
It looks a bit like Dolce & Gabbana gone sl*tty...
:lol: Now there's irony for you !!! Well done PRINCE OF CATS !!! regards KIT :rolleyes:

Isn't Dolce sl*tty itself? :rolleyes:

As I mentioned earlier their Spring 2004 collection was "old territory." Meaning the theme they did was already done by Dolce. :flower:

Originally posted by ignitioned32@Dec 18th, 2003 - 7:47 pm
:rolleyes:
now im confused, it hought you liked them?

or are you rolling your eyes at me?

internet is confusing

Originally posted by Spacemiu+Dec 18th, 2003 - 10:10 pm--><div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(Spacemiu @ Dec 18th, 2003 - 10:10 pm)</div><div class='quotemain'> <!--QuoteBegin-ignitioned32@Dec 18th, 2003 - 7:47 pm
:rolleyes:
now im confused, it hought you liked them?

or are you rolling your eyes at me?

internet is confusing [/b][/quote]
What I was trying to say was they're hardly innovative. Most of the clothes they produce are those you have already seen, but what makes them such a hit is the "sex" factor and the theatricalness of the shows and as Cathy Horyn said it covers much of the flaws of this show. Though they put some wit in their pieces, anyways. :unsure:

I kinda like them, though. I find their stuff tempting to get. Their something about it. Hmmm...

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andy190
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->