'Somewhere Only We Know'
Ph: Lou Dong
Stylist: Candy Lee
Hair: Zhang Fan Bon
Makeup: Sun Qi

sina.com

sina.com

New York New York opens in theaters nationwide in China April 15,
and in selected screens across the US and Canada.

4t5rxnp.jpg

instagram/melvin0619

Brief synopsis:

In 1990s Shanghai, enormous people want to go abroad. Lu is a five star hotel concierge. He is smart, reliable and popular around his friends. A business man from U.S sees potential in him and wants to invite him to the hotel in New York. Many people do everything they can to go to New York including the girl Lu fall in love with. What is in New York? Can they have a happy ending in New York?

Two trailers in HD

Here's one review:

yahoo.com

gifs by me

MODERN LADY CHINA APR. 2016
'Morning Shanghai'
Ph: Lǐ Hè
Stylist: Mia Kong
Hair: Isaac Yu
Makeup: Sūn Qi

m.v4.cc; sina.com

At a press conference of her film back in February in Beijing

Du Juan wears a custom made cheongsam-inspired Prada dress embellished with crystal embroideries and sequins​

af1qY1F.gif

gif by me; instagram/melvin0619; sina.com; tagged via weibo

SO FIGARO WEEKLY CHINA APR. 2016
'Half Brine, Half Flame'
Ph: Yin Chao
Stylist: Huáng Jùn
Hair/makeup: Seven Wu

weibo/supertudio; tagged via weibo

MODERN WEEKLY CHINA APR. 2016
'Me, Myself & I'
Ph: Yú Cōng
Stylist: Klaire Chen
Hair: Isaac Yu
Makeup: Johnny Wáng Jié

fashion.qq.com; weibos: isaac_yu001, shawayyeh, yucong

Wearing Miu Miu at a Film Press last month

sina.com; weibo.com

The accompany short clip to her VC edit in post #127

[​

Last edited by a moderator:

Guess this goes with her Modern Wkly editorial:
If gonna watch, it'll unfreeze once hits 1:19

eX0z73N.gif

gifs by me

Chanel 'Paris in Rome' Show - Beijing
May 30, 2016

sina.com; tagged via weibo; x318.com

Attended a Prada Event back in July

instagram/melvin0619; qq.com; sina.com; weibo.com

Harper's Bazaar China October 2016

Whsiper of Tibet

Model: Du Juan
Photographer: Yin Chao
Stylist: Xiao Mu Fan

weibo/小象王国

PIN PRESTIGE CHINA/MALAYSIA OCT. 2016
'Envy No More'
Ph: Wee Khim
Stylist: Johnny Khoo
Hair: Chen Feng
Makeup: Yooyo Keongming

*Rough translation

5 THINGS YOU SHOULD KNOW ABOUT DU JUAN

In 2003, when the line model, T station career twinkling of an eye through 13 years. Du Juan's history of struggle, reflecting her personality like water. At that time, she went to New York alone, from the unnamed Shanghai girl, to the peak today to become an international supermodel, behind the number of efforts, compliance, courage, from Du Juan's words, can be staged.
"I am a Shanghai girl, a man came to Beijing to try to do modeling.I think I can do better, then I went to Paris, went to New York.I want to see better things, want to do Better ... ... I went to a person."
All the way down, in the middle there are a lot of hard Ye Hao, lonely Ye Hao; a person has never been abroad, no friends, to face a lot of things ... ... I think I have done. "
Road, the Du Juan tasted the taste of life in every possible way, there is bitter sweet. Today, she just scratched: a lot of friends.
Well, really. Du Juan perseverance, quite water characteristics: downstream, but also countercurrent.

1. SUPERMODEL
The first to the international Chinese model, the first boarded the French version of "Vogue" Asian face ...
Now in retrospect, ten years ago, the cuckoo is a very courageous girl. Now I continue to work hard to continue in the effort, ha ha ha ... ... self-confidence ah? Because I am also a model, do for many years, from 2003 Year until now, 13 years, so the model of work, I have very, very familiar with the ... ...
Now, in the model of this work, not as much as before, I hope there are more fun, creative shooting, do more interesting things. "

2. ACTRESS
Du Juan mouth, fun, interesting work, directed by Peter Chan in 2013 the film "Chinese partners" to achieve.
At that time, Chen Ke Xin cuckoo performances in the film Samui corner, through her agent to invite a meeting. Du Juan read the script to understand the role later, because "like Samui this role, but also understand her", then take this one for her in one fell swoop the 29th Golden Rooster Award for Best Supporting Actress, the 33rd Hong Kong Film Awards The best supporting actress and the best new actress screen debut.
The first cross-border performances, to obtain the nomination of the authority of the award, be regarded as a cuckoo show talent recognition. She said, never thought to act.

3. NEW YORK
Du Juan said, pick the role of the principle "is certainly the kind of positive, work and life are trying to pursue the role." So far, her favorite and most reluctant to "New York New York" (released in April this year) Ruan Yujuan, because this character is relatively complete, in the role of creation and shooting process, she also put the most.
"I remember after the shooting a few months, we have to participate in the late voice .In fact, I am a bit afraid of late dubbing, very afraid to return to the plot inside."
First with the producer as the director of Guan Jinpeng meet, he showed me the script, I read the first time to tears. I very much like the story, we must take over the role. So the whole (shooting) process, I am very, very invested. After shooting, almost a year's time, I have not completely let go Ruan Yujuan. "

4. TONY LEUNG
Du Juan appeared and has appeared in the film "Harbor", "New York New York". Another just at the end of September opened in China, "passing from your world." Produced by Wong Kar Wai, and Tony Leung played opposite the "Ferry" released at the end of this year.
Down and she has at least two films: cooperation with the dawn of "Han wine" (also translated "wine war"), to be released; and Tony Leung, Wu Yifan and other male partner of the "European Raiders".

5. ENVY envy
Now the Du Juan, very high very beautiful, is the international supermodel, but also the splendor of the actor. Her brilliant achievements, many girls dream. I guess a lot of people will envy her. So successful she, envy what?
"Envy ... ... uh, think about ... ... If you want to say, we should go to the cartoon inside." Dora A Dream "has a pocket, you can always come up with a variety of tools, ha ha ha ha. Need to practice what time, come up with a tool can help.
But in real life is the case, you must work hard, pay, so I do not feel envious of others, ah, he may be behind to pay a lot, we can not see. Everyone is the same. I prefer the simple, simple and then a little bit of the state of life."
pinprestige.com

Numéro China December 2016 by Trunk Xu

WeChat/NumeroChina

T MAGZINE CHINA NOV. 2016

'Du Juan, Reclusive'
Ph: Yǐn Chāo
Stylist: Lucia Liu
Hair: Chén Fēng
Makeup: Marian Woo

+ additonal shots

all weibo.com

Last edited by a moderator: