Dumbledore is Gay

kiefers

Reaction score
Whats that? Oh, I think I hear a stampede of WTF's and HUH's? and WHAT? approaching. This is so random. :blink: Oh and by the way Snape is a transvestie and Malfoy is a prostitute (joke). :ermm: This makes no sense. HE IS NOT EVEN REAL, a fictional character if you will...and the gay activists just take the cake! :lol:

Moral of the story: Gay people can be wizarding headmasters too. :flower:

Activist welcomes 'Dumbledore is gay' revelation
[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]20/10/2007 - 16:36:16[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A leading human rights campaigner today welcomed the revelation from Harry Potter author JK Rowling that Albus Dumbledore, headmaster of Hogwarts, is gay.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]But Peter Tatchell said the sexuality of the master wizard should have been made explicit in the hit series of children’s books.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rowling outed Dumbledore, a central character in the books, while speaking to an audience of fans in New York last night.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Dumbledore is gay,” the author said to a response of gasps and applause.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rowling then joked: “I would have told you earlier if I knew it would make you so happy.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Gay human rights campaigner Peter Tatchell said: “It’s good that children’s literature includes the reality of gay people, since we exist in every society.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“But I am disappointed that she did not make Dumbledore’s sexuality explicit in the Harry Potter book.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Making it obvious would have sent a much more powerful message of understanding and acceptance.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Rowling told the audience that while working on the planned sixth Potter film, Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince, she spotted a reference in the script to a girl who once was of interest to Dumbledore, played by Sir Michael Gambon in the films.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A note was duly passed to director David Yates, revealing the truth about her character.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]She then explained that Dumbledore was smitten with rival Gellert Grindelwald, whom he defeated long ago in a battle between good and bad wizards.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]“Falling in love can blind us to an extent,” Rowling said of Dumbledore’s feelings, adding that Dumbledore was “horribly, terribly let down”.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Dumbledore’s love, she observed, was his “great tragedy”.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]A spokesman for gay rights group Stonewall said: “It’s great that JK has said this. It shows that there’s no limit to what gay and lesbian people can do, even being a wizard headmaster.”[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Deathly Hallows broke sales records as the fastest-selling book ever, selling more than 11 million copies in the first 24 hours following its release.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The fifth film adaptation of the series, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix was released this summer.[/FONT]

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince is due for release late next year.[/FONT]

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

More power to him I guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
'This makes no sense. HE IS NOT EVEN REAL, a fictional character if you will...and the gay activists just take the cake!'

..so a fictional character can't be gay? uh.. what? i think this is great.

He can be gay but this is completely out of nowhere. I am so confused!

hes not real, but JKR is one of the most influencial people of our time, millions of people read her books. I can understand why it would be so embraced. Not to mention all the slash fans out there

Still to me it seems completely out of the blue. I mean there was no hints nothing and she announces this now? This is definatly odd. :/ But like I said more power to him :lol:

Still to me it seems completely out of the blue. I mean there was no hints nothing and she announces this now? This is definatly odd. :/ But like I said more power to him :lol:

yah, but there's heterosexual characters, so why not gay?

and anyway, there hasn't exactly been any signs of him being straight either. and i mean.. well. he is very protective when it comes to Harry :brows:

I am not something there anything wrong with it but this is so completely RANDOM to me. Whats next, Snapes a tranvestite? Its hilarious :rofl: I dunno why i am so flabbergasted.

Dumbledore should be asexual. Oh god NOOOO. Horrible mental picture!
Dumbledore/Voldemort ~*OTP*~. Fanfiction match made in heaven. :lol: :lol: :rofl::rofl:

Last edited by a moderator:
"there hasn't exactly been any signs of him being straight either. and i mean.. well. he is very protective when it comes to Harry :brows:"

^ha!!!!

All the talkshows are going to go nuts on Monday talking about this...I'm just waiting for the crazy Christian conservatives to lose their sh*t...

^ A gay man who knows witchcraft! The christian zealots are going to hit the fan. :lol:

Seems right in character to me..doesn't come as a shock. After all the character is quite progressive and a hottie like him isn't hooked up...go Dumbledore!

I do wonder if this will be incorporated into the upcoming movies...even just slightly...

It's funny I never thought of any of the characters having a sex life...LOL....although I did imagine Bellatrix and Voldemort being major freaks with each other. Green lights shooting out of their wands all over the place...

Lols! This is crazy!

I did think that Volde and Bella were up to something, although it does seem some what impossible :P

Ah well this gave me a laugh :flower:

I think this whole ordeal is so outrageously funny. I couldn't handle my laughter when I first heard about it!!

I don't understand why she'd tell us now and not earlier. The series is over, so all this will do is lead to a bunch of "what ifs." And we've already got plenty of those.

I'm still wth over this.

It kind of ruins the image of Dumbledore as just a mentor/headmaster to me.

Now all I can imagine is a cover of People magazine/tabloids with the headline: DUMBLEDORE IS GAY.

It seems very out-of-place in children's literature.

I think it's good if it's not explicit in the book
It means it's not a big deal

Plus you know the first actor who played Dumbledore in the movie is gay too
What a coincidence?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cg1
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"