Dylan's Candy Bar

model_mom

Reaction score
Dylan's Candy Bar a sweet success for designer's daughter

If Ralph Lauren is your dad, you probably have a built-in good-taste gene. The designer's daughter, Dylan Lauren, wanted her own company and opened the most incredible candy store, Dylan's Candy Bar, in Manhattan (the Big Apple). It's the flagship store, but there are four other stores, in Garden City, N.Y.; Houston; and Orlando, Fla.
Entering, you would think it would bowl over kids, which it does. One little guy froze and said "wow" three times before he would budge, but adults are also slack-jawed on their first visit.
It's two floors of floor-to-ceiling candy. While sampling candy or eating a giant ice cream cone, you sit on a barstool seat that looks like a giant peppermint. Going downstairs where there's lots more candy and a party room that can be rented, you'll see that candy has been embedded under the Plexiglas.
The Saturday I dropped in, the place was packed.
"This is the biggest crowd we've seen anywhere in the city," one visitor said as she made her way to a wall of jelly beans.
I think my favorite part of the store was a giant apple filled with a display of some famous people's favorite candy.
Ralph Lauren loves black licorice. His wife, Ricky Lauren, Dylan's mother, prefers peanut M&Ms. Billy Crystal and Michael J. Fox are wild for marshmallow peanuts. Mary-Kate Olsen loves Tootsie Rolls, and Bill Clinton has a weakness for PayDay candy bars.
Each person signed the little container holding his or her favorite candy.
The store seems to bring out the kid in customers of all ages. A middle-aged woman looked wide-eyed at the ice cream sundae she was about to dive into.
"Can you believe I'm eating ice cream with a candy bar stuck into it? And I'm going to eat the whole thing even if it makes me sick," she told the lollipop-licking child she was with.

source- www.kansas.com

i love dylan's candy bar...:heart:
i was pretty amazed when i went too....

i got sick just looking at all of those lollies...:lol:....
they had 'themed' skittles + m&m's when i was there...'wedding' 'baby shower' '21st' etc...it was pretty wild....

i remember when the first store opened in NY (about 5/6 years ago). I used to live a couple blocks away.. it was pretty cool to see so much candy in one place !!!!
and this time i was in NY, i saw that they even sell their candies through Scoop stores.. so i guess they must be doing pretty well.
great concept :heart:

how are the prices? I'm sure they are jacked up a little, but it's not too obscene, is it?

There is a Dylans at my local bloomies...I think the concept is adorable!

its a neat store. my fave part is the peppermint swivelly stools. hope they still have them

Omg. I'm addicted to this store. Actually took my stepbrother there on his birthday last year...his name is Dylan!!

Considering how many doors could have opened for her in the fashion world, I think it's way cool that Dylan instead went into the candy business. Sounds like so much fun-- I wish there was one in Washington state.

Do they make their own candy as well or just buy pre-made stuff?

^ They sell both.

http://www.dylanscandybar.com

Im curious to try some of this stuff.. Might order....this Ice Cream Malt Ball mix sounds gooodd.

703-DCBMaltBallsIceCream_dt.jpg
(dylanscandybar.com)

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, this place sounds amazing. I love love love anything sweet. Like a real life wonka factory!

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->