Electronica

I love Trentemøller, Sebastian Leger, Datarock, Metro Area, Lulu Rogue, Jazzanova, LCD Soundsystem, Boys Noize, Claude Vonstroke, Booka Shade. Yesterday I was introduced to The Presets, rather good actually..

Cut Copy
Midnight Juggernauts
Numéro#
Van She
Datarock
Teenager
Simian Mobile Disco
Justice
Pnau
Digitalism
Metronomy
The Whip

that's just off the top of my head!!!

Oohh I have been getting really into Electronica / Electro lately!!
I am obsessed with The Presets, Pendulum, Hot Chip, Freezepop and Soulwax especially.
I'm not really sure whether all of them are strictly Electronica/Electro but they are music that I've found sound similar to Electronic artists and have an 'electro' feel to their sound.

Also great are:
Metronomy
Crystal Castles
Cut Copy
The golden filter
The death set
frankmusik
W.O.W
MSTRKRFT
Nid and Sancy
Ladyhawke
Heartsrevolution
Digitalism
Designer Drugs
Little Boots
Junior Boys
Rrrump
Robots in Disguise
Hadouken!
Sneaker Pimps
Uffie
SSION

and ofcourse all the other great artists that the previous posters have mentioned in this thread!! :D

Electronica is the term used to describe electronic music in general, or am I wrong in this?

Anyway, I've been a bit into some of the institubes artists like Jean Nipon, Surkin and especially David Rubato, his remixes of Alizeé's "fifty sixty" is really good, as well as Santogold's "lights out" and his own track "circuit".

I used to be really into this, but it simply doesnt shake & wake me that much anymore...But I'll always have a soft spot for Daft Punk, Ritchie Hawtin & Chemical Brothers (who put on the BEST live show in the genre)..

i don't know how all this time before i completely ignored daft punk and all of those! electro is my new love :heart:

blacken the black
whitey
circlesquare
bat for lashes
black ghosts
booka shade
dokkemand
glass candy
the kills
M.I.A.
murcof
trentemoller

apparat (head up, arcadia)
ellen allien & apparat (sleepless, leave me alone)
portishead
massive attack
squarepusher

just a few ive been really into lately.

we need to revive this thread!
electro are amazinggg!!

some of my faves

crookers *AMAZING LIVE*
bloody beetroots
diplo *another amazing live*
MSTRKRFT *gonna see them this saturday!*
justice
daft punk *classic!*
chemical brothers
digitalism
boys noize *also amazing live*
jayou *newly discovered but hes awesome*
brodinski *great live, and dedicated DJ :smile:*
MGMT
chromeo
teenage bad girl
Kraftwerk
Lazy Rich
DZ - more to dubstep, but amazing nonetheless

i had so many more but i just lost all of my music and i forgot some of the artist names, so this is for now ;_;

and im soooo into crookers, diplo, bloody beetroots kind of tune right now, the beat is just sick.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ahhhh yesss!

My favourites:
Daft Punk
Justice
Vitalic
Royksopp
Bjork
DatA
Yuksek
SebastiAn
Basement Jaxx
Mr. Oizo
Kleerup
Tepr
Yelle
Noah
Danger
Fred Falke
Monsieur Adi (shameless plug :heart:)

^^Ok, I'm confused, coz if you say electronica, what I understand is house, techno, minimal, tech house,etc. but Salvatore, you've mentioned Electro artists/bands/duos... I love them too...but srsly, I'm confused coz I don't know if this is an electronic or electro thread.
Anyway,I'll leave some examples of electronic music (just in case)

^

i was quite confused at 1st, but seems like members just use this to post electro musics so.. =/ maybe we need to change the thread title..

^^actually, there's another thread about electronic music, but I feel like I'm the only one who listen to this type of music.

^

really? i checked and the other thread is only for house/trance right? and it's also different frm electro. but yeah, i feel like im the only one too :(

^^yeah, you're right, the other one was sth like that, sorry..maybe we should create a new one...
don't worry, you're not alone.

guys,electronica or electronic,describes not one but a multitude of styles. it's generally a very broad description. and yes,electro artists are still deemed electronica.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samira Jafo
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->