Elizabeth and James : by Mary-Kate and Ashley Olsen

Love the shirt from bergdorfs, but i think it is a bit expensive for what it is...although the line in general is pretty well priced.
Am surprised to see a rabbit fur jacket in this collection, i thought they would be keeping that for the row.

Finally got my super skinny pants in. I was a bit surprised at the sizing though. They seemed to be on the large size of the sizing chart. i thought the opposite and ordered up. So I had to take it to the tailor and have him work his magic instead of risk sending them back for a smaller size and waiting another 3 months for delivery.

sarah - What are they like? Do they look good? I have been looking at them too!

They look great. Great fabric and very comfortable. They have some fun rocker type zippers on top. You can show those off for a rocker look, or wear a longer top for a different look. I suspect they will become my winter uniform. The waist was very large though when I ordered true to size, bu t*t fit my thighs. You will probably need to get them altered a bit, but I need to do that with most clothes to have it fit how I like.

Oh whatever.....sorry, I'm just sick and tired of celebrities, models and socialites trying to pass themselves off as designers. Just so wrong.

i love the bonfire shirt! seeing it automaticly makes me think of Ashley its hot!

Oh whatever.....sorry, I'm just sick and tired of celebrities, models and socialites trying to pass themselves off as designers. Just so wrong.

I disagree, i think if you actually looked at the design and quality of the olsen's lines properly (particularly the row) you would see that it is certainly not like all the other celeb lines.

sarah13, I'm dying to see what the pants look like on. They sound so nice. Could you possibly post some modelling pics?

Sure. May be a week or so. I am going out of town for New Year starting tomorrow, but I am sure I will wear them. I'll take some pics.

i got a silk tank ON SALE!! muahaha. and the white rabbit fur jacket. the tank can be worn as a dress during summer but for now i just layered it

I'm in love with that jacket in the first post, middle.

It's sold out at Neiman and Bergdorf. Anyone seen it anywhere else? I absolutely must have it!

Elizabeth and James is going to rely heavily on the celebrity of the Olsen twins to be successful and clearly they have enough weight right now to achieve it. The pieces I've seen definitely do not fill a void as it were, and I dont believe would be anything more than a blip on the fashion radar if it not were for the gimmick of celebrity.

Waistcoats and short shorts is far from anything new, as well as sequined frocks as an 80s reference. Who doesnt know tons of girls who shop at thrift and vintage stores for those dresses and really believe its their personal style that led them to do so? Its a tired look.

I really think the Olsen twins are very cute, but honestly believe that their style is nothing new. Mixing vintage or low end with high end is a concept that was big years ago. To me, there are TFers that if they had that tiny frame and an inexhaustible closet could do the same thing.

I think the price point is fine for what is is, but I'm sure there are a few extra dollars added on because of the fresh faces behind the line.

Anyway, if everything is sold out, my advice to you is buy something else in the same department and just tell people its Elizabeth and James if it makes you feel better, I'm sure they wont question it.

Clu, do you remember how much the sequin dress is now?

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between this line is and The Row? Does the Row have a higher pricepoint?

Can someone explain to me what the difference is between this line is and The Row? Does the Row have a higher pricepoint?

The Row has a higher price point while E&J's is considered "contemporary" and can usually be found among the diffusion lines of designers. Also, MK&A are far more involved with The Row from start to finish. With E&J it's a liscencing deal similar to the one they have for their tween line at Walmart Hope this helps! :flower:

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pietrobundchen
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->