Emilio Pucci S/S 2016 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
Emilio_Pucci-RTW-SS16-Milan-7829-1443108530-mediumbigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

The only thing, or should I say detail that I liked about the show was the clever use of Emilio Pucci's signature around some of the pieces - as a unique embroidery or a print.

The actual show - I thought it was the same aesthetic as Gucci, which I hate! It's almost attempting to turn ugly clothes relevant, revolutionary and appealing when in fact they're still ugly.

I got scared when I saw the first look. But it's not that bad after all. Like Gucci, there is some pieces that I really liked and some I hated, especially the last looks with those sea shells prints or something. Really different from Peter. I miss him already.

That is not the Pucci i loved. Massimiliano Giorgetti first collection for Pucci could be a Little bit better. It's simply ok....
Want to see Cavalli by Dundas!!!!!

Some looks were very Christopher Kane-y!! I miss Peter :(( I'm excited for his debut in Cavalli though!

Gorgeous collection! Fun, desirable, modern and convertible. Love that he focused more on embroideries, textures and his great pops of color instead of just plain prints. It's very him and gave the clothes a luxurious but not ostentatious quality. That feather dress on Luca Gajdus is brilliant!

Ace debut, bravo Massimo! :heart:

Um this is so wrong for Pucci. It looks like a mix between Christopher Kane and Michele's Gucci. I know this is the in look now but where is Pucci's identity? This could be any collection. Dundas will be missed.

Ugly as hell... It's like Kane, Marni and Gucci, but worse. One Kane and one Gucci are enough. Pucci had its own, strong identity but it's lost now. Massimo just doesn't fit this brand. His style is too quirky, but it's not interesting at all here. I don't get his idea of Pucci as episodes, too.
And I like his own brand.

This might sound crazy but I see Mary Katrantzou's Spring 2015 collection all over it. Also it has a lot of Kane.

Most of the clothes are cool and hip, but I don't think it offers nearly as much diversity as Michele's Gucci. It's a bit too theme-centric.

i really hope peter dundas' first collection is going to be as good as what he did for this brand

this is so gucci..those glasses are digusting. who is wearing that? please tell me nobody

I was thinking the same, please stop with this kind of glasses !

This looks like the new Gucci, but i don't even care about the clothes as much as i'm annoyed the signature venue changing :lol:

it's a nice enough collection but like everybody else I see at least 5 different designers here. all from recent collections- Kane , Katranzou, dries, Celine , Marni, Gucc.. it'll sell and make the press, which is the point .. until this wave is over and the next comes and the designer carousel restarts

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NaKel
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->