Emilio Pucci F/W 2015.16 Milan

marcBarna

Reaction score
Emilio-Pucci-RTW-FW15-Milan-5057-1425165914-bigthumb.jpg

nowfashion.com

Sources in Milan have told Style.com that, as has been rumored for months, tonight’s Emilio Pucci show will be Peter Dundas’ last for the brand. Dundas stepped into the role of creative director in 2009, taking the helm from Matthew Williamson and bringing new life and relevance to the label. His groovy yet romantic aesthetic was paired with plenty of sex appeal, making his designs a favorite of the daring among the fashion set—both Poppy Delevingne and Anja Rubik opted for dresses from the house for their weddings.

Reasons for the split have yet to fully emerge. A successor is expected to be announced soon. Ex-Schiaparelli designer Marco Zanini has been among those rumored to be in contention. According to our sources, Pucci has been in active discussions with Massimo Giorgetti of MSGM. That would suggest the company wants to move in a younger, less sexually provocative direction, which would be in keeping with a hiring trend we’re seeing at other houses. A rep for Pucci declined to comment.
style.com

Wow. Dundas is so great at Pucci. Sad to see him go. Completely obsessed with his work. This final collection is well executed. Obsessed. :heart:.

after seeing this collection I'm not exactly drowning in tears he's leaving the house, there's not much Pucci in it:ninja:

Trashy. It's not my style but it's safe to say that each of his recent collection is practically the same and it also seems like it doesn't require much craftsmanship.

It's the right time for him to leave Pucci. He made wonders for the brand. in 2-3 seasons, it became a it brand and he made Pucci relevant/exciting for a new generation and more than everything, he made Pucci covetable for other things than beachwear.
He made me buy Pucci.
Unfortunetly, he became a little one-note.
This collection is very hits & misses: great blouses, beautiful red dress on Natasha, beautiful white chiffon dress and great sweaters dresses but the rest is boring and predictable.
Good cast, as always!

I'm not sure i want to see him back at Cavalli but i'm excited by what he would do next

Definitely not one of my favourite Pucci collections from Dundas but sad to see him go.

i'm so sad he is going he made pucci so amazing..there's nothing like it :( this collection shows. wow.

It's not one of his best, but I'll still be sad to see him go. I liked what he did at Pucci. It also sucks that they want to push the brand in a younger less sexy direction like all the other brands are doing

This is not his best at Pucci but a pretty solid collection. I still remember this first outing at the house. It’s refreshing and instantly brought life to the house again.

Solid, sexy collection, glad to see Lily D, Joan, Rubik etc so great cast also. Hope they are not serious about turning Pucci into another young girls's clothing brand like what Gucci is doing now.

Nothing new and definitely not his best, but I am sad to see him leave Pucci. I definitely loved his aesthetic and the direction he took the house in.

Hopefully he does end up at Cavalli.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vejjehejrh
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->