Emilio Pucci S/S 2016 Milan

Um this is so wrong for Pucci. It looks like a mix between Christopher Kane and Michele's Gucci. I know this is the in look now but where is Pucci's identity? This could be any collection. Dundas will be missed.

Absolutely. First what i thought that this is like Kane and the eyewear more terrible as Gucci.
Maybe he made this kind of eyewear, of glasses because of Pucci's ssport career , some glasses have the form of ski eyewear. Instead of ski glasses i would like to see Pucci's prints and not patchwork.
Where traditions of Maison Emilio Pucci? Will jetset wear it? No, will not. I write about jetset because of history of Emilio Pucci Brand.
I wrote yet that i never critisize but... the Prices will be sure as normally Pucci Prices- expensive, so it will be interesting to know who and how many pieces will buy fromthic collection.
Pucci is luxury. Here i don't see any luxury.
Terrible glasses!!!!!!

I feel like this is last season Gucci all over again, with some people saying this isn't Pucci. Well, what is Pucci? Dunda's aesthetic? That was just one interpretation. Emilio Pucci was about prints and colours. I see that here, and in a much more fresh and less literal approach.

hmm not sure how I feel about this collection, it looks like if you wear these pieces separately, it might actually look really cool, also for some reason I like this green on green look. To cut it short, I don't love it but I am intrigued for sure

I miss Peter, too much Gucci for my taste.

What's Gucci about it, they are so different:huh:
Making it more high street is good, business-wise, but almost just one silhouette is still lazy for me. Getting under the sea is fun though, so it's not too shabby overall.

So sick of new designers doing clothes based on trends and not on the heritage of the house they're working for.

Where is the heritage? This is Pucci!! It has such a clear and distinct heritage that Georgetti is completely ignoring. This look that he is creating is the same thing I see everyone doing which I really hate. I really hate when designers are competing each other by looking the same... there is really no point in the house's name if they are doing that

He could have done this with Pucci signature prints. I mean, Pucci by Dundas was Dundas clothes mixed with Pucci prints.

I love Msgm but it looks too much like Msgm. They need to fix that because i don't see anyone going to Pucci for that.

clearly those at the helm weren't a fan of the fact dundas HAD HIS OWN SIGNATURE and wanted someone who blends in on instagram

i dont dislike it, i would love to wear some pieces, but it doesn't have that "new" factor

So sick of new designers doing clothes based on trends and not on the heritage of the house they're working for.

Agree.

And there are no really prints which Maison Emilio Pucci famous for.

Here are some examples of prints from 5 collections:
photo credits :
1 Photo credit : Wikipedia.com . Dresses from collection year 1966 ,designed by Emilio Pucci.
2 and 3 photos- Photo credits: firstview.com , S/S 2004 and s/s2006
4 Photo credit : stile.it , A/W 2008-2009
5 Photocredit : vogue.com , A/W 2008-2009

Attachments

• 1966.jpg
    1966.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 1
  • 2004.jpg
    2004.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2006.jpg
    2006.jpg
    26.1 KB · Views: 1
  • 2008.jpg
    2008.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 3
  • 2010.jpg
    2010.jpg
    205.1 KB · Views: 1
So elegant yet edgy. I love the how although colour and the detail, it's easy on the eye.

I feel like this is last season Gucci all over again, with some people saying this isn't Pucci. Well, what is Pucci? Dunda's aesthetic? That was just one interpretation. Emilio Pucci was about prints and colours. I see that here, and in a much more fresh and less literal approach.
Pucci also has a rich history of resort wear with a distinctly jet set/tropical undercurrent, being that Emilio Pucci himself really invented the notion of resort clothing by targeting Capri as his home base. There's also a history of athletic wear being that he designed ski and swimwear at some point during his lifetime. Dundas certainly carried that mantle, and Lacroix and Williamson before him also managed to incorporate at least some of that heritage into their collections.

Sooooo yeah, the simple, colorful, straightforward, fun and glamorous spirit epitomized by all of Giorgetti's predecessors -- most of all Dundas being that he was the most successful -- was a hell of a lot closer to the heritage of this particular house than this collection and the recent resort collection seem to care about being. Now, if Marni were looking for a new designer...

Last edited by a moderator:
Although i really prefer Dundas over Giorgetti for Pucci, i have a feeling that this may actually work. Dundas work was really good, though he seemed a bit sucked in the Pucci world. He wasn't really following (or bringing) any trends and at some point his work started feeling cliché -the worst that can happen to a designer, and many designers nowadays are becoming exactly that.

Giorgetti's work was to put in the mixer Gucci - Kane - Katrantzou, and we got this sh*tty result.

Last edited by a moderator:
This was pretty and all but I miss the prints. Did love that ambient watercolor dress with the drop waist.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->