Eric Clapton

lizbabe09

Reaction score
I couldn't find a thread on him so I decided to create one. I absolutely :heart: him

Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck are to join forces to play a one-off show at London's O2 Arena on February 12, 2010.

Beck, who replaced Clapton in the Yardbirds in 1965, said: "Eric and I played together in Japan earlier this year and had a blast. Since then we have been in regular contact and talked about doing a similar show for our fans."

"I've always considered Jeff Beck to be one of the finest guitar players around," added Clapton. "He's a friend, a great guy, and a truly gifted musician. We had such a fun time in Japan that it seemed natural to play together again".

The show will be split into three sections with both men performing solo sets followed by a joint set at the end.

Tickets go on sale on Monday, September 28 via www.bookingsdirect.com.

:woot:
HBO to Air Rock & Roll Hall of Fame Concert Highlights on 29 November
September 18th, 2009

HBO will broadcast four hours of highlights from the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame 25th Anniversary Concerts on 29 November at 8PM ET (US). The shows take place at New York City’s Madison Square Garden on 29 and 30 October. Each evening has a different lineup of performers and guests. Eric Clapton headlines night two along with U2, Metallica and Aretha Franklin. Guests that night will be Jeff Beck, Van Morrison and Jerry Lee Lewis.
ericclapton.com

I love Clapton aswell...definitely an influence. If you haven't seen it yet there's a video of Jeff Beck on YT playing the North Sea Jazz Festival...really awesome.

Thanks for the thread! :flower: Listening to him playing the guitar inspires me :heart:

I love Eric Clapton :heart: Some of my all time favourite songs are by Cream :woot: :heart:

Great, now I have "Layla" stuck in my head.

I love Clapton aswell...definitely an influence. If you haven't seen it yet there's a video of Jeff Beck on YT playing the North Sea Jazz Festival...really awesome.

Thanks for the referral, I hadn't watched this before but it's really good.

Eric Clapton, Steve Winwood Nominated For Two Grammy Awards. "Live From Madison Square Garden" Gets Nod As Best Rock Album.
December 2nd, 2009

Nominations for the 52nd Annual Grammy Awards were announced in the U.S. on the evening of 2 December 2009 by The Recording Academy. Eric Clapton and Steve Winwood received two nominations. "Live From Madison Square Garden" was nominated in the Best Rock Album category. Eric and Steve are up against "Black Ice" by AC/DC; "21st Century Breakdown" by Green Day; "Big Whiskey And The Groogrux King" by Dave Matthews Band; and "No Line On The Horizon" by U2.

ericclapton.com

Eric Clapton, Jeff Beck at Madison Square Garden: On Sale Details; Second Show Announced For 19 February 2010
December 2nd, 2009

It was announced earlier this week that British guitar legends Eric Clapton and Jeff Beck would be performing at Madison Square Garden on 18 February 2010. A second show has been added at the venue on 19 February. Tickets for both shows will be available to American Express cardmembers in a special pre-sale beginning Monday 7 December 2009 at Noon through Friday 11 December at 10PM. If tickets remain, they will go on sale to the general public on Saturday, 12 December at 10AM. Tickets for the Madison Square Garden shows are $64.50 to $254.50 plus applicable surcharges.

ericclapton

Every time I see this thread "Layla" pops into my head.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
paulpaul
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->