Estée Lauder "Sensuous" Fragrance : Carolyn, Gwyneth, Hilary & Liz by Craig McDean

VogueElle Addict

Rhoda Addict
Reaction score
Sensuous-Ad.jpg

Sensuous-Ad2.jpg

Sensuous, which will launch in June 2008 exclusively at Bloomingdale's first and Estée Lauder counters in July, continues this tradition of passionate attention to femininity; women in Lauder perfume advertisings for example are consistently shown off like idols on an invisible pedestal (the perfume is that invisible pedestal) and seldom even seen as part of a couple so as to stress their ideal courtly-love character. But Sensuous offers a more casual, modern feel. Tuberose Gardenia Private Collection was already less flamboyant, a gentler, more intimate projection of femininity, yet still overtly sophisticated and, importantly in this case, "niche". With Sensuous, we get another attempt at further accessibility. It is not anymore about the couture dress but rather about the simpler white shirt, stolen from men and adapted to the feminine silhouette as shown in the new ads. In order to embody the every woman, not one but four models were chosen to represent Sensuous: Gwyneth Paltrow, Elizabeth Hurley, Carolyn Murphy, and Hilary Rhoda. They perhaps represent not so well the ethnic diversity that exists today in America and are all uniformly elegant and sleek, but it is an attempt at conveying a message of pluralism nevertheless. Aerin Lauder said, “Each model represents a different side of sensuality,” [...]“Hilary conveys youth, while Carolyn’s classic look communicates elegance. As an actress, Gwyneth brings an emotional range to sensuality and Elizabeth portrays confidence and wisdom."
www.[B]sensuous[/B]is.com

I like this very much, thanks for posting.
The ads are very eyecatching :smile:

nice ad though i wish carolyn had been replaced by liya considering that carolyn and gwyneth have the same appeal

I like Elizabeth Hurley's best. But all 4 ladies look great in these shots. Very nice!

I love this I love
Elizabeth's the most then
Hilary..OMG
Gwyneth actually doesnt look
boring..wonder how long that took
2 covey a sensual emotion

Definitely eye catching with these ladies wearing the "morning after" shirts. :innocent:

Why did they pick that awkward shot of Hilary!?

I like it it's very nice, i thought it would be boring but not at all...
Hilary is beautiful
Gwyneth elegant...

Craig McDean didn't do his best with Hilary Rhoda, usually he gets her best but here not :doh:

This campaign was shot in NYC in July 2007

Gwyneth is outstanding ...And Hilary , are you sleepy?

Source | FWD

Estée Lauder's Quadruple Threat

The four ladies of Sensuous to make a Bloomingdale's appearance
Monday, June 30, 2008
(NEW YORK) Estée Lauder's newest fragrance is taking magazines and retailers by storm. Sensuous is making its debut with a bold whiff and powerful media efforts. Estée Lauder spokesmodels, Gwyneth Paltrow, Elizabeth Hurley, Hilary Rhoda and Carolyn Murphy, all appear for the first time together in the warm scent's advertising campaign. And by now we all know that the spectacular foursome appeared in the July issue of Harper's Bazaar, which features Paltrow on the cover and the other three in various interior stories. Though they represent beauty at every age: 20s, 30s and 40s, a concept Bazaar favors, the magazine isn't the only medium where the ladies will unite. Hurley, Paltrow, Rhoda and Murphy will appear at Bloomingdale's 59th Street flagship on July 8. It will be their only joint US appearance as they unveil Sensuous to star struck shoppers, fans and beauty junkies alike.

^^ I also wish Liya was still working with Estee Lauder:( and anyone of those girls could be easily removed and replaced with Liya who would make a fine addition. Having said that I like the simplicity here and all 4 ladies look really good.:D

Gwyneth looks bland. Carolyn to me is much, much better. Hilary awkward pose although she is IMO is the most stunning beauty contract girl out there...Liz, I forgot she was still working with Lauder--she is however still bland, boring, and so extremely overrated when it comes to looks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mou777
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->