Evangeline Lilly Needs To Get over Herself

By Richard Clune
July 22, 2007 12:00am
LOSING almost everything they owned in a house fire would plunge most people into deep depression.

Because most people don't make $80,000 a year, let alone $80,000 an episode :innocent:.

I don't watch Lost, and I don't know much about this girl, but from the little I do and the photos I've seen, I agree with the title of this thread--she needs to get over herself. big time.

Because most people don't make $80,000 a year, let alone $80,000 an episode :innocent:.
If everything in my house went down in flames, I'd lose my entire business and I wouldn't be able to bounce back...I'd have to go back to England and leave behind my two cats and partner...

WOULDN'T THAT BE LIBERATING!

I totally agree with you.

What happened to the science showing that attractive people have more friends?

Oh please. If you cop an attitude, men will be disgusted. That's all you need!

I don't watch Lost, and I don't know much about this girl, but from the little I do and the photos I've seen, I agree with the title of this thread--she needs to get over herself. big time.
In her defence, she is much, much prettier in motion.

WARNING: rant ahead
no, Jackie O was just passive, the perfect, medieval wife who was arm candy. that's what is appreciated; that she didn't dare take away the spotlight from her husband anyway other than with a hat...
Jackie was a clever and ambitious woman. All her life she shown an incredible determination and courage. Frankly, read any in-depth biography of this woman and come again to tell me she was a limply, passive lady who lunch. I dare you.
As for her political role, she was very much aware that if she appeared to mingle with her husband politics, it would cost him his political credibility and eventually his election. Hhowever, behind the scene, she was active in raising him funds, making alliances with wives of powerful and influential men. Joe Kennedy even said she was the only Kennedy bride with brains and political awareness. She knew what she was doing.
And lastly, downplaying the impact of her image to a fashion craze is lacking insight, imo. She almost single-handily turn herself into a icon, and she used it, before and after her husband death, to political ends.
It is so easy to discard a woman's achievements and influence just because she didn't acquired it through the traditional and prestigious ways (politics, academics, etc.). But eventually it's the real misogyny, imo. Diana suffered the same treatment, yet she tasted power that very few men enjoy. And at the end of her life, she was using this power to political ends, too.
the passivity of women makes me so so so infuriated....
Of women in general? I don't know about you but I know many women with high responsibility jobs. There has never been as many women head of State and women in the media.
Or are you talking about the housewives and stay at home mothers? If yes, what is bothering you about them? Should we all be conquering the world to be deemed worthy human beings?

Ahaha, she's the LiveLinks girl? I had no idea!

And to be honest, I've never found her to be very pretty...:innocent:

she's not even that pretty and the reason people didn't like her is becuase of her attitude about thinking she was all that not becuase they were envious

I think she's pretty but not in the irreplaceable way. A step above a good looking girl next door.

Yanka said:
Sexual harassement has very little to do with being exceptionally pretty. You don't need to be young, good-looking with a great body to be shouted at on the street or getting touched in public transport or become a subject of insulting jokes. Often, all it takes is to be female.

Totally agree :flower:

Last edited by a moderator:
2nd- and i do not think being attractive is such a negative thing anyway! there are plenty more serious conditions

She's not ugly but she's not pretty either. If I saw her on the street I would never notice her. If she wants to be ugly why doesn't she get an awful hair cut and deprive herself of sleep?

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karolys
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"
<-- Admiral -->