Ewan McGregor & Melanie Laurent in Paris walking arms linked, holding hands = WTH

I used to be affectionate with male friends when i was single.. but i actually found out men found this confusing and thought i meant more. So i dont do it anymore especially since im in a relationship. I find hand holding very intimate and would feel very awkward doing it with anyone other than my boyfriend.

Monogomy is not overrated.. only to those who dont want it. Sexual freedom in a relationship is fine if thats what you want and its open to both people.. But i find men tend to be very protective and insecure when it comes to sex they dont REALLY think through how they would feel if the woman they love and want to satisfy is having 'better' sex with some one else. I wouldnt be attracted to a man who said i was free to be with other men i find it incredibly unmasculine...
I just think that being in movies is incredibly false.. you get thrown together with people who are pretending to be one thing.. want to be famous or want to glamorous. You are away from stresses of family and have attractive people who dont dump their problems on you they just admire you. I think it must be hard to be monogomous in some industries because there is just so much bull**** going on you cant see the reality and if you could.. you would just stay with your wife

I don't think there's anything going on with Ewan and Melanie - hasn't anyone here ever walked that way with a friend? I do all the time! Guy friends, girl friends, gay friends, etc
I do that too. My BF does that too. It hasn't caused any problems in the 3 years we've been together. But then again, we're not that uptight in Denmark :lol:

my mother do that with her gay friend who is 13 years younger than her and one of my friend thought my parents were split lol

i dont see a problem. we will see.

as you said cinthia it's a gay friend but I doubt that Ewan is gay and I doubt that girl is gay...so the comparison with your mum and her friend is not helping here :wink:

im not trying to help lol i was talking about perception.many people think that it is inapropriate and that it means they have an affair because they think showing affection in this way mean more than friendship. other disagree and think affection can be shown in this way. we can only wait and see.

yeah i guess it's a question of perception and how affectionte you are towards people in general. i mean if he has an open relationship with his wife and she knows about it as well :wink: thank it's no problem and if he doesn't have an open relationship but always acts like that towards his female friend and his wife is okay with it than there is no problem either . the only problem would be if his wife would be upset about his friendly behaviour towards this woman just like i would be if my boyfriend would act like that - i totally believe that this can depend from person to person

^ It's not just arm in arm ... it's that plus holding hands with fingers intertwined. Sorry, you don't do that if you're not involved. What I don't get is why he's out on the town with her, still wearing his big a$$ wedding ring ... :ermm:
That does not look innocent, no matter what culture you're in. It comes off really suspect. I think any woman in a relationship would have a problem with her husband/boyfriend walking around with a female friend that hangs all over him like that. No matter how much trust you have in your relationship, your red flag automatically goes up. Holding hands, fingers intertwined and at one point she rested her head on his shoulder. That's inappropriate. And if I was one of your male friends girlfriends, you would most definitely be hearing from me and it wouldn't be pretty for you OR him.

I do that with some of my married friends - guys and girls - and I'm not sleeping with any of them! And I have girlfriends who do that with my boyfriend and as far as I know there's nothing going on there either :lol: It depends on how affectionate we are and how comfortable we are with physically showing that. Seriously, I don't know what these pics mean but everyone seems so holier-than-thou and determined to jump to conclusions: "omg two actors hung out/held hands and one of them is married! They're totally doing it! How disgusting! Let me judge them!" :rolleyes: If affectionate behaviour that frankly in itself couldn't be more innocent makes us so suspicious maybe the problem is with us constantly expecting the worst and not because everyone is secretly shagging everyone else behind their partners backs :innocent:

You can JUST be physically affectionate with your friends WITHOUT sleeping with them. Spread the news :P

...and incidentally, if Ewan and his wife have an open marriage then even if he is involved with other girls, it's no ones place to judge him for it

Last edited by a moderator:
as I already said: I think it depends from person to person. neither are the ones that are doing it bad nor the ones that don't do it. it's a personal decision and the one of people you're having relationships with - like i said before: if i did that with my friends they would react suprised as it is not common in my group of friends to hold hands if you're not in a relationship and personally i would not like my boyfriend to walk around with other women cuddling and holding hands - but i am sure that there is nothing wrong with people who like doing it - the question is if his wife is okay with it - if she is okay with it than there is no problem at all!

jomarlushka yeah i guess it's a question of perception and how affectionte you are towards people in general. i mean if he has an open relationship with his wife and she knows about it as well thank it's no problem and if he doesn't have an open relationship but always acts like that towards his female friend and his wife is okay with it than there is no problem either . the only problem would be if his wife would be upset about his friendly behaviour towards this woman just like i would be if my boyfriend would act like that - i totally believe that this can depend from person to person

i think tiffany is right and we shouldn't judge him too fast as it all depends on how he sees it and his wife and all people who are really concerned -

i just can say that i personally would be really upset if that was my boyfriend ! that's for sure and tiffany for sure would not be ! so you see guys: it depends from person to person

would be interesting though if ewan and his wife held hands with other people in public before (eg.if he did that with other actresses he worked with and stuff...)

I hope he's not a cheater, I love Ewan Mcgregor. And he seemed to really have a great family relationship. I follow Ewan's career and I never heard he had any sort of open relationship, on the contrary is wife is Known to be a little possessive.

Regardless if it means something or not, I would be very upset and my husband would need a pretty good explanation to justify holding hands with another woman.

Last I heard Mélanie was with Damien Rice in Ireland... She was supposed to write and sing an album with him.

they are not having sex in the middle of the street, just walking.
People need to relax.

That's Not His Wife

Ewan McGregor's wife of 15 years might be burning all his sh*t on the lawn ala Angela Bassett in Waiting to Exhale after seeing these pictures of him strolling arm-in-arm through Paris with 26-year-old actress Mélanie Laurent. Ewan and Mélanie just finished up shooting a movie together in France.
65472EX_MCGREGOR_B-GR_02.jpg

I'm sure there's a reasonable explanation for this. Maybe Ewan's wife has already given the okay for him to pass his peen around as he pleases? Maybe Mélanie has the drunks so hard that if she doesn't lean against Ewan she'll stumble into the street and get ran over by a car? Maybe Ewan has an ear infection so Mélanie has to get close to talk to him? Maybe Ewan and Mélanie are best friends in the Milo & Otis sense and they're cuddling together because it's cold outside?

There's a lot of maybes. The only way to find out the real truth is to press our ears against Ewan's wife's front door. If she's blasting "Not Gon' Cry," well then we know what's going on.

dlisted

I love love love Ewan and I like Melanie...and I know Ewan have family and all...but people got to do what makes them happy.

What?! There are certain things that come before your own personal happiness when you have a family, such as responsibility to your spouse and kids.

I do that with some of my married friends - guys and girls - and I'm not sleeping with any of them! And I have girlfriends who do that with my boyfriend and as far as I know there's nothing going on there either :lol: It depends on how affectionate we are and how comfortable we are with physically showing that. Seriously, I don't know what these pics mean but everyone seems so holier-than-thou and determined to jump to conclusions: "omg two actors hung out/held hands and one of them is married! They're totally doing it! How disgusting! Let me judge them!" :rolleyes: If affectionate behaviour that frankly in itself couldn't be more innocent makes us so suspicious maybe the problem is with us constantly expecting the worst and not because everyone is secretly shagging everyone else behind their partners backs :innocent:

You can JUST be physically affectionate with your friends WITHOUT sleeping with them. Spread the news :P

...and incidentally, if Ewan and his wife have an open marriage then even if he is involved with other girls, it's no ones place to judge him for it

I didn't say they were having sex, though I'd be extremely surprised if they weren't. There's also such a thing as an emotional affair, but I don't think that's very 'Hollywood' :innocent:

I keep hearing about these women who are just fine with the open marriages they have with their husbands ... but the funny thing is, I have yet to meet or hear from one who really was OK with her husband's affairs. Goldie Hawn famously tolerates Kurt Russell's antics--but that's what she's doing, tolerating them. She clearly isn't truly happy about it.

Ewan and Melanie are not stupid.They must have known that the paps were there. So why continue to hold hands??. Considering Ewan is very private. Either he doesn't care because his marriage is over or he is an a$$.

uh, but if he has an open marriage or they're poly it's not cheating......
also aren't the wives of french celebs and politicians notorious for supposedly being alright with these type of "open" relationships... whose wife was it that stood with her husband's mistress at the husband's funeral? charles degaulle?

for some people it works, for others it doesn't. also perhaps the wife is free to do the same--so is it really a double standard? oh well.

it was not Charles de Gaulle - it were François Mitterrand's wife and mistress

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Realktz
Back
monitoring_string = "058526dd2635cb6818386bfd373b82a4"